Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:53:34 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Re: Engy update - class limit
« previous next »
: You know the question
No limit!
Yes - Limit to 1
Yes - Limit to 2
Yes - Limit to 3
Yes - Limit to 4
Yes - Limit to 5
Yes - Limit to 6
Yes - Limit to 7
Yes - Limit to 8
Yes - Limit to 9
Yes - Limit to 10
Yes - Limit to 11

: [1] 2 3
: Re: Engy update - class limit  ( 2665 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« : June 21, 2010, 11:05:09 AM »

I think we will. IIRC, we've always had a class cap for about a week, or at least a few days, after an update came out.

Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #1 : June 21, 2010, 04:30:51 PM »

Ah, excellent. I do NOT want 12v12 engy battles X.X

Crimshadow
TE Recruits
Forum Member

: 27

« #2 : June 23, 2010, 08:43:25 AM »

You mean you don't like having an uber and turning a corner to face 4 lvl 3 sentrys...pinning the medic and the uber'ed one to the far wall? sadly I have been there before.

I remember the days long before the first class update, a simpler time...when eqypt and steel didn't exist yet, long hours of back and forth stalemates on well and 2 fort were all there was to look forward to, and sentrys grew as far as the eye could see. The last point at dustbowl was impossible to clear out, even with 2 ubers at the same time due to push back.

I know a 12 v 12 engy battle wouldn't last too long. Eventually some people would play spy to sap, medic to uber, and then pyro to kill spys, heavys would come out to kill pyros, snipers would come out to kill heavys...I would say limit it but not too much, everyone wants to try it out for at least a little bit right after it comes out...I know I will!

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #3 : June 23, 2010, 09:14:29 AM »

:iamwithstupid:

The insanity of updates is part of the game, a part which I love.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #4 : June 23, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »

:iamwithstupid:

I agree with both of them.  I understand the concept of limiting it.  I to have been where Crim was, heavy ubered on 2nd stage of dustbowl - cant clear it out cause there are like 5 sentrys!  My medic and I both get blasted back and all I can do if fire and hope I kill someone.  I know I have heard in general that everyone is against class limits.  And again, I totally understand why we would want to, but maybe we should just let it be this time.  Just to see what happens.  This is our opportunity as a clan to be the bigger people and to change class according to what is needed to break through that defense on the other team!  It is completely maddening, but also part of the game.  I personally look forward to the update and wish they would hurry the hell up with it.  But just a suggestion with the limits!   :dontknow:

Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #5 : June 23, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

To be honest I would like a limit the class for the update. First we will have a lot of assholes wanting to get achievements and shit. Second people will try to want to test out all the new gear while playing and not pay any attention to the game. And so our only counter to this is to play more spies and pyros? Ya that will get a lot of people pissed off. It just my opinion but really we should take a look into this. So many people are waiting on this update.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #6 : June 23, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »

Well, what should the limit be? 3 engies per team for the first week?

Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #7 : June 23, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »

I like three as a limit. It's a normal amount for defense, and managable for offense.

Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #8 : June 24, 2010, 01:47:51 PM »

I think 3 per team would be good. One week should be long enough as well.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #9 : June 24, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »

Let them play NG! No limit! You guys get too wound up about a change in you're perfect plan. Let them eat cake! If you don't like cake eat pie. If the pie is a lie, then it's a spy? Get it?

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #10 : June 24, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »

I so agree with GFH. Seriously, it's nice to have the shit hit the fan once in awhile.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #11 : June 24, 2010, 08:48:00 PM »

I think this needs a vote! To the polls!

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #12 : June 24, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »

Blah blah vote for your favorite option

Crimshadow
TE Recruits
Forum Member

: 27

« #13 : June 25, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »

Voting!?, Democracy is so last year. This year it is government control of things that are "too big to fail". I believe we should appoint a 2 part independent commission of congressmen to a commitee that will delegate the job of decideing the limit number to a small board of "industry professionals", amounting of at least one person who knows what a computer game is, one person who has read a review of TF2 and at least 3 other people who are paid by our taxes to serve on these pointless commitee appointed boards, as long as that board is to have only an odd number of people so the the commitee doesn't have to cast a tie breaker as that could tarnish the congressmen's reputation as being too favorable to violent video gaming. The second part being that the commitee will poor through every video game they can find so as to label it as too violent, and attempt to throw the ban hammer at it.

Of course first we will need to get at least 60 votes in favor of this measure in order to prevent a filibuster.  :headbang:

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #14 : June 25, 2010, 08:47:51 PM »

^ That's hilarious^

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: