Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:44:38 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Custom Achievements for TF2
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: Custom Achievements for TF2  ( 5395 )
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #30 : February 25, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »

Next clan meeting is coming up so why don't we just table any changes till then...

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #31 : February 25, 2010, 05:09:50 PM »

Yeah take everything off that you have added Crazy.  Put it back to the way it was.  If it ain't broke don't fix it they say.  When everyone comes to the meeting then it can be discussed.  I don't need or want to get in the middle of this.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #32 : February 25, 2010, 05:13:03 PM »

I don't see the problem with tring it out before consulting really. If it changed game play I could see the issue. I understand the respect thing, but if we do it now people will have a better idea of what they think about it when they come to the next meeting, instead of waiting till the meeting after.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #33 : February 25, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »

I don't want you all to think I am implying or trying to start a fight.  I just would like some more info on the things.  Personally, I do think they sound really cool.  Trying it out for a bit is fine as well.  I am only inquiring of what is going on cause I have been away with family things and getting back on and playing and seeing all this new shit confuses me.  I just would like the opportunity to discuss the things being added to the server is all.  Not a big deal as you all are implying I am saying.  If it is that big of a deal, just forget I said anything about it!

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #34 : February 25, 2010, 05:56:53 PM »

In my opinion anything done to make the server better, that doesn't change gameplay is a good thing. Crazydog has been working hard to get the features on the server that it needs and he's got the knowledge and time to implement things on the fly. I don't see why we need to wait a month to put in things that are beneficial to all, and again, have no bearing on the game. I don't know if you all have noticed, but our server has gotten pretty sickly in recent weeks, Crazydog is the one person who is being proactive in trying to bring it back.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #35 : February 25, 2010, 06:14:49 PM »

My two cents:

Here's how I think these kinds of things should work:
I feel that any plugin (or any other change for that matter) that anybody wants to have on the server can go up immediately, as long as it does not affect gameplay. If it changes any kind of gameplay, from as little as the damage that the syringe gone does, to as much as giving the blue team 2x health, speed, and ammo, it falls into the next category.

If the plugin does affect gameplay in any way, it should have to wait until the next meeting for it to be brought up.

For non-game changing plugins (or changes), when the first meeting occurs after they are activated, it will be discussed if we want to keep them. If we don't, they'll be removed.

For game-changing plugins, if, after the meeting, it is agreed that the plugin (or change) should be tried out, it should immediately be activated. When the next meeting comes around we'll ask what people think of it. If it'd decided that we don't want it, it will be removed.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #36 : February 25, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »

:iamwithstupid:

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #37 : March 01, 2010, 03:59:00 PM »

My 2 cents:

All these new plugins make me want to play less. The rate plugin keeps asking my wife to change her rate to 15000 when it's already 25000...dumb.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #38 : March 01, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »

So, are you saying that the achievement plugin makes you want to play less because the rate plug-in is messing up? I can understand the not liking the rate plug-in, as it seems to have done more harm than good; but the achievement plug-in is a totally different thing that isn't shitting in anyones cereal.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #39 : March 01, 2010, 04:16:00 PM »

Just a note about Smurfette's rate:

When I've run the sm_rates command when she happens to have been in the server, it shows her rate is set to 10000. One of her configs is setting it to that. Check her config.cfg file as well as the autoexec.cfg to make sure it's not changing it to that anywhere.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #40 : March 02, 2010, 05:24:01 AM »

If I recall you were onboard for this plugin:
Looks good to me.
Why the change of heart?

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #41 : March 02, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »

Achievement: Nagging Nasshole
Goal: say "rtv" 10 times in one life.

Achievement: Sit Down!
Goal: Kill Sconforti with a bottle while he's a Demo

Achievement: Golden Showerer
Goal: Throw 15 Jarate in one life

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #42 : March 02, 2010, 08:29:11 PM »

Achievement: Oh no you di'int!

Goal: Backstab Taso while he's Spy

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
Skoll
Noob

: 6

MSN Messenger - Skoll_W@hotmail.com
« #43 : March 04, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »

After playing with me for a while you'll understand how much I despise the huntsman so, once I've been around for a while, I think Dominating me with a huntsman while I'm a sniper would be a good one.

Bullshishkabob or something like that would be a good name.

The Huntsman: So Ritalin addicted  12 year olds can still play sniper.
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #44 : March 04, 2010, 09:36:28 PM »

I like the name of that achievement. lol

: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
: