Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:36:29 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Server improvements?
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: Server improvements?  ( 2595 )
Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« : October 19, 2009, 06:22:14 AM »

Ok, at the October mtg we discussed some stuff that has been put on hold due to a snag in the planning.  The snag has been delt with, so now we need to look at some of the communities suggestions and see what we can do.  We have these mtgs to encourage the community and regulars to express what they want to see.  There was mention of the cabinets being disabled in the pre round mayhem.  Also of putting some larger maps into the rotation.  I think we need to get some discussion going on this and get things moving.  Anyone have any suggestions to larger maps to try.  We need to get some ideas together and then we will put up a poll and take the most popular. 

Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #1 : October 19, 2009, 08:48:33 AM »

I would like to see some CTF maps. It does get a little boring only having CP and Payload maps.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #2 : October 19, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »

I personally would like to see a regular rotation as opposed to the "vote for every map" system...thats just me. I think admins can handle a map vote or change.

Jynxd
Noob

: 8

« #3 : October 19, 2009, 01:43:29 PM »

Yeah a regular rotation might be nice as opposed to vote every map thing, if we get stuck that's why there is RTV and votemap for yes? Also I would like to see some CTF in rotation, mebe arena wouldn't know since I haven't played an arena yet :D Also I'd say drop pre-round mayhem to 30 seconds a min is a bit much imo.
Smurfette
Forum Slut

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #4 : October 19, 2009, 02:02:51 PM »

I agree to dropping pre round mayhem to 30 sec.  I think a minute is to much as well.  Honestly, I will wait a bit to join because I don't like the length of the mayhem.  As much as I hate to say it, maybe we could consider bringing back turbine for ctf.  I can only handle so much of it, but it has been a while since I have played, so I would enjoy seeing it again.

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #5 : October 19, 2009, 02:42:08 PM »

I also would not mind having Turbine and pl_tower in the rotation. And i agree with Smurfette to dropping the pre-round mayhem to 30-45 seconds.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #6 : October 19, 2009, 05:06:25 PM »

Turbine is a server killer!
I love the one minute mayhem! The reason it's a little out of control right now is partly because the med cabinet.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #7 : October 19, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »

I too love one minute mayhem. Never get tired of it. Turbine, I think would be a bad idea. Though putting some CTF on the server would be nice, if it has a time limit and sudden death. CTF can go on forever if teams are matched evenly.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #8 : October 19, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »

Turbine sucks and always kill the server

Re: mayhem, I am kinda tired of it now so wouldn't mind seeing it disappear altogether...

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #9 : October 19, 2009, 08:49:03 PM »

Ok, so it's really called pl_cranetop_b8  :-P

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #10 : October 19, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »

Map is on the server, but will need to be selected or voted on. Not in the rotation yet.

Smurfette
Forum Slut

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #11 : October 19, 2009, 09:28:57 PM »

Ok, so it's really called pl_cranetop_b8  :-P

OMFG - I just checked out this map! *grabs Widow and hugs him*  This is an awesome map GFH - you de man!!   :headbang1:  Awesome recommendation!

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #12 : October 19, 2009, 11:18:59 PM »

I just went and played cranetop, fantastic map. Hard to believe its a custom. Gonna take some time to get to know all the ins and outs, specially with all the rooftops. That should be in the bloody rotation.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #13 : October 20, 2009, 04:22:41 AM »

HA! That's where I have the edge! I've played this map many times before! Pretty straight forward man. Two stages, but both are REALLY long! Thanks Widow for getting it in there. Now I know why it wasn't put on earlier. :booty:
The problem most people have with ctf maps is that they turn out a lot like hydro, stalemates. I don't see the problem with tring a few. Suggestions? I'd rather see ctf_well over any others.
As for the mayhem, I've heard many times from many people that frequent our servers: "IT's the best things about this server". I've also heard the same about the map choosing. People like being in control of where to play next.
« : October 20, 2009, 04:35:10 AM Giant Flying Head »

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #14 : October 20, 2009, 06:14:46 AM »

These few posts are the first negative comment's I have ever heard about the pre-round 1 minute mayhem.  Everytime it goes on, people love it and comment on how much they love it.

I personally think the problem is that I own all of you when it happens.   :thebirdman:

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: