Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:31:40 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Suggestion Box
« previous next »
: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
: Suggestion Box  ( 26359 )
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #165 : December 31, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize they nerfed it that much. That sucks.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Apple Sauce
Noob

: 17

« #166 : December 31, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

What i was saying is that Stage 1 of Dustbowl is the only map in the regular rotation that has cabinet close enough for it to even be a possibility, not that it was likely or even easy.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #167 : December 31, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »

My main reason for wanting a plugin like this is that it's very difficult to abandon the habit of running back to the locker for health/ammo when you're close to it, as there is no penalty for doing so with the other 8 classes.

Juggernuke
Forum Member

: 84

« #168 : December 31, 2009, 07:25:59 PM »

I would really like this plugin I know valve wanted to reset but still they kinda over did it a bit here and like crazydog said it's hard to break the habit of going to the cabinet for health and ammo. I also feel it doesn't charge fast enough to make this a big issue since people can spend a good amount of time trying to charge and when they get low go to the cabinets and just find they have to start over. Yet I am not that great at soldier to be talking but I am still for this plugin.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #169 : January 03, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »

If that's how Valve wanted it, that's how it will remain. Our server is vanilla for a reason. If it's a bug it will be fixed by them soon enough. It's really a matter of judicious ammo control and having a medic...you don't need a plug-in for that. It is a problem when breaking out but I haven't had any problems adjusting and I main solly.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #170 : January 04, 2010, 02:23:36 AM »

If that's how Valve wanted it, that's how it will remain. Our server is vanilla for a reason.

32 players? =/

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #171 : January 04, 2010, 05:05:32 PM »

If that's how Valve wanted it, that's how it will remain. Our server is vanilla for a reason.

32 players? =/

I'd change that back if people wouldn't bitch, believe me. I HATE 32 player servers. That's the main reason we have so many horri-bad players in the server as opposed to when it was 24 player and we had good players. A lot of our regulars of old stopped playing here when we made that switch.
« : January 04, 2010, 05:08:09 PM Hitman Smurf »

Saint_M
Noob

: 4

« #172 : February 14, 2010, 11:25:54 AM »

Some suggestions after having been playing on the pub fairly consistently:

1) Not sure of this in relation to this thread, but it seems the start of the rotation is actually Hoodoo.  Getting it populated quickly with this map seems to take a while.  Maybe consider a different map for the start instead?

2) Viaduct plays "too small" once there are more than 6-7 per side.  It's just a spam fest with no real back-and-forth.  One team gets control and it's darn near impossible for the other team to break out.

3) Pipeline is a fun payload race map - might consider that for the rotation.

4) Gorge is also a good 2-point cp map that works equally well with large or small populations.

5) Cashworks kills the server.

Purely my $0.02 - hope I posted in the correct location.
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #173 : February 14, 2010, 03:04:40 PM »

1) The start of the rotation isn't really an issue, since any member can easily change the map.

2) I agree. KOTH maps were NOT built for 16v16 fights. :P Maybe we can find some custom KOTH map that's a little bigger?

3) I like that map too. I don't know what the discussion behind removing it was.

4) I thought we have gorge in the rotation? (Just checked, it's not there. When did that happen?

5) Yes, it does. :P
« : February 14, 2010, 03:06:18 PM crazydog »

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #174 : February 14, 2010, 04:02:46 PM »

1. I always miss Hoodoo for this reason, but that's ok.

2. I understand all of your complaints, still love that map though.

3. It's been on and off, about half the members hate it and about half love it. If you really want to play it we can always pop it on.

4. It was on till this last meeting, lots of members aren't in love with it, myself included.

5. Yeah, which is a shame cause it's a lovely map. We have been putting in one offbeat map every month cause it breaks up the tedium. Members love it, but lots of pubbers don't want to DL it.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #175 : February 14, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

Pipeline is terrible and was removed from the rotation because of this reason. When the server is low on players it's normally a one sided battle. When the server is getting full it's always a stalemate!

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #176 : February 16, 2010, 05:54:01 AM »

Most maps turn into a steamroll when there aren't enough players. But I digress.

I like the KOTH maps, and I know others do as well, we definitely should not remove them from the rotation.

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #177 : February 16, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »

I just want to point out that while you all have good points about maps, this is why we had the discussion 2 months ago in a meeting to start rotating maps each month.  That way we can change things up and everyone gets to play the maps they like for a while.  Gorge was on the rotation last month, but was removed this month.  Pipeline was on there 3 months ago, but was removed for the reason GFH posted.  If you do not see a map in the rotation that you would like to see added, let us know and we will try our best to get it in the rotation next month. 

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #178 : February 16, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »

We played Pipeline for a VERY long time on the server. It's a server killer for a good reason. With server attendance down we need to stick to popular maps. As much as i love Viaduct, it's just not drawing many people in. I think we should trim the "map fat" till we get a more stable population again. I've been in this boat before, and I know what works. Smurfette has also a good idea about what I'm talking about. She was there to help build back after the great W@W loss. :-)

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #179 : February 16, 2010, 08:38:54 PM »

Umm yeah we need Gorge back in there and maybe Pipeline, and yes Viaduct gets very laggy when its like 12v12, but i still think we need it in the rotation.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17  
« previous next »
: