Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:37:44 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Suggestion Box
« previous next »
: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
: Suggestion Box  ( 26291 )
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #90 : May 26, 2009, 04:02:36 PM »

Can we get Badlands out of the rotation and Goldrush back in? I REALLY miss Goldrush (just realized it was taken out for some reason) At least put Goldrush back in  :crybaby:
« : May 26, 2009, 04:05:17 PM Hitman Smurf »

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #91 : May 26, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »

Well sucks IMHO; it's always a stalemate...any interest in booting it from the rotation?

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #92 : May 26, 2009, 05:40:12 PM »

Well sucks IMHO; it's always a stalemate...any interest in booting it from the rotation?

Wouldn't bother me, but it's a nice change of pace...need a couple CP maps...maybe fastlane again? IDK  :dontknow:

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #93 : May 26, 2009, 06:23:44 PM »

Agree about change of pace

If we want more CP maps, what about labor and jailbreak?  both of them get definite results (no stalemate) and there is plenty of scope for various classes: Scout, Engy, Sniper, Demo, etc.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #94 : May 26, 2009, 06:49:56 PM »

remember no custom maps.

Fastlane would be fun to have in there and I know lots of servers that are doing well with the updated version of Egypt.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #95 : May 27, 2009, 07:00:07 AM »

Goldrush and Fastlane FTW! I think the update yesterday will solve the problems we had with Goldrush crashing which was probably related to the Jarate bug. Let's try it and see.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #96 : May 27, 2009, 08:37:01 AM »

ok, I will add those in and take out badlands and well.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #97 : May 27, 2009, 08:38:55 AM »

I threw Egypt in there 1 time.  It comes up every 14th map.   I would like to come up with another map either CP or CTF to put in between HooDoo and Pipeline too.

pl_hoodoo_final
plr_pipeline
cp_gravelpit
pl_goldrush
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_fastlane
pl_hoodoo_final
plr_pipeline
cp_gravelpit
pl_goldrush
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_egypt

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #98 : May 27, 2009, 09:04:42 AM »

I threw Egypt in there 1 time.  It comes up every 14th map.   I would like to come up with another map either CP or CTF to put in between HooDoo and Pipeline too.

I'd like to see that too, but outside of a custom I don't really know what to put in:

Well (to stalematey, know one really likes it)
2Fort (I like it but most ppl don't...stalematey as well)
Hydro (again, unpopular, bores me to death)
Granary (to one sided)
Steel (a little to chaotic with 32 players)
Junction (bit small for 32 players I think)
Turbine (Some like it, some dont, but probably the best option)

So, again, not sure  :dontknow:

Maybe consider throwing Fastlane in twice? Egypt only once in the rotation seems ok, though the last point os so much an engie stalemate.
« : May 27, 2009, 09:07:13 AM Hitman Smurf »

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #99 : May 27, 2009, 10:39:57 PM »

I think Hydro is the only one big enough to accomodate 32 players well.  I like the map but understand it is very hit or miss with the community...

Turbine is ok by me to try although fear it may be stalemate-prone with so many people

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #100 : May 31, 2009, 09:11:15 AM »

Updated map rotation.

pl_hoodoo_final
cp_gravelpit
plr_pipeline
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_egypt
pl_goldrush
cp_gravelpit
pl_hoodoo_final
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_fastlane

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #101 : June 04, 2009, 10:47:53 AM »

Updated map rotation.

pl_hoodoo_final
cp_gravelpit
plr_pipeline
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_egypt
pl_goldrush
cp_gravelpit
pl_hoodoo_final
cp_dustbowl
pl_badwater
cp_fastlane

Is the conditional map change plugin still installed/available?
I'm going to agree w/ Smurf on liking 2Fort but concerned that it might stalemate - if it's possible, including it but only switching to it if there are 18 or less players may help.  Is setting the cap limit to 2 an option - that might get players to un-turtle...Or what about setting a class limit on Engineers and Snipers?

I also like Steel for a change of pace sometimes, but again, 32 players may be too many.

I also like the pl maps, although I'm not a big fan of Pipeline - I like the concept, I just don't like the map.

And contrary to most (probably), I like Badlands.  There's something exciting about stopping the enemy from capping the last point and pushing back for the win that you just don't get with any other map.

Mach
Inactive
Forum Member

: 51

« #102 : June 17, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »

Two suggestions

1: Could we get plr_pipeline in there more?  It seems like such a fun map but it only gets played once through the whole rotation while other older ones get ran two times.  I'd like to see it played twice through the rotation if possible.

2: Could we extend the length of maps possibly?  The one thing that irks me is when say you're on blue, you maybe get through half way on the map and you stall out.  You switch to red and say the other blue team goes all the way.  At that point I'm just gearing up for another go as Blue on that map and BOOM it switches.

I have no idea how the server time or team switches are set but it just seems that it gives each side one time as a blue and a red and then changes map.  I just wanted to see others thoughts on if it would do both sides twice unless it hit a long timer.  Maybe it's already setup like this and if so could the timer be extended?  IMO it stinks playing each side once and right when you're getting the rhythm of the map and about to do a second go around it switches maps.

LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #103 : June 19, 2009, 04:01:05 PM »

I agree with Mach, plr_pipeline is a fun map, and its novelty hasn't worn off yet, IMHO.

Am I the only one who likes tc_hydro? I'm jut curious if we could consider putting that in every-other-rotation or something like that. Also cp_granary? Its a good open map, doesn't stalemate nearly as badly as well or the CTF maps. Just a couple of thoughts.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #104 : June 19, 2009, 04:27:23 PM »

I agree with Mach, plr_pipeline is a fun map, and its novelty hasn't worn off yet, IMHO.

Am I the only one who likes tc_hydro? I'm jut curious if we could consider putting that in every-other-rotation or something like that. Also cp_granary? Its a good open map, doesn't stalemate nearly as badly as well or the CTF maps. Just a couple of thoughts.

I think with the one round limit a second go round of pipeline would be ok. I kinda like hydro but it's either a stalemate or a steamroll but I do kinda miss it. Granary is always a steamroll for one team or the other on our server (so many good players, weird) and I personally hate the map...maybe with a two win limit, cause I can only take so much of grannary.

: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17  
« previous next »
: