Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:10:57 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  Gun Game Server performance
« previous next »
: [1]
: Gun Game Server performance  ( 3784 )
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« : December 10, 2006, 09:35:22 AM »

Here is the The official channel to tell us the issues going on with gun game. please keep posts to the point on what you are experiencing. And please before posting adjust your rates and try and smooth things out on your own side. 90% of the time it is on the clients side.

Because gungame has SO much going on in so little space, Your FPS will drop dramatically while playing. check your average FPS and also your FPS when in the middle of a fire fight with a few people in the picture. Use net_graph 3 to bring up you fps and your in/out. I have an X1800XTX with 512MB of ram, and in the middle of a gun fight with 5-10 people in my view I go down as low as 30-40 FPS. This is what you should set your rates to. People getting 40FPS and their rates up at 100 will get lag all the time. Adjust and play with them a couple time before coming in here and say "The server lags all the time" It's not usually the server, it's you.

Now to the important stuff. I am in the gun game forums almost everyday reading problem that other admins have with there servers and how to fix them. The ramdom crashes seem to be a problem with quite a few people and it is being resolved. I cannot fix a problem with the program. They have to fix it. So believe me I am doing everything possible to make sure the server is up to date and running as smoothly as possible. I will keep you guys posted with the fixes.

Wiodw

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #1 : January 23, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

Generally my computer doesn't lag, i got a XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX Edition, so it works great, not to mention AMD X2 4600+ with 2 GB RAM.

Off the top of my head I think i lag most when the gun game just starts and at the beginning of each round.  For the past few days i've noticed that the larger maps lag more than the small maps for some reason.  Next time i play i'll look more into it.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

[Mr.] Orange
Forum Member

: 41

MSN Messenger - sean.mcmahon13@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - sportking1331
« #2 : February 07, 2007, 07:20:39 PM »

ive noticed that on stonehedge or whatever the map with the 4 rooms and such, there is usually a lot of lag for everyone? im not sure what causes this, but on all the other maps it works fine, until this one there is hella lag.

"Look, asshole, I didn't say I ain't heard of it. All I asked was how does it go? Excuse me for not being the world's biggest Madonna fan."- Mr. Orange, reservior dogs
fraggle 79

« #3 : February 17, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »

Part of the lag is all the hlstats updating everyone in game. On the GG player list
there are currently 79 pages (@3900) active people listed. I suggest as a 1 time thing to
delete/ erase any scores after page 20 (1000 players). Hopefully it will help things a bit.

Same goes for reg Pub server.

most of them haven't played more than an hour or 2 anyway so they shouldn't be pissed off.
If there any maps you never plan on using ever again, delete those too.
And defrag the fucking servers in the wee hrs of the morning.
 :headbang:
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #4 : February 17, 2007, 07:09:38 PM »

Also where hlsx stats diplays how many points you gain and lose by ppl killing you, turn it off.  No one really needs not know how many points they gain for killing you.  It only comes in handy when the ppl slip through the cracks in top 150 night.  Aslong as you get the points, we don't really need to see them given to us.  As long as they are there.  I think that might lag the server alittle. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

« #5 : February 18, 2007, 08:52:47 AM »

I am going to clean up the stats sometime today. I am also going to contact our server provider and see if he can look into the problem. I think it may be something with the network connection. It seems that the in rate on everyone is really low. Mine drops down to 15 sometimes even though my fps is in the 100's and my updaterate is up at 60. So it seems the server isn't keeping up with everyone. I can also give a shot at setting the tickrate down to 66 and see what that does.

Widow

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #6 : February 18, 2007, 10:31:53 AM »

sounds good.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
chewy23
Noob

: 2

« #7 : February 18, 2007, 07:32:59 PM »

I think the server runs pretty good. I've been in worse, it lags  some times  but not everything is perfect
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

« #8 : February 26, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »

I am going to do some fresh installs of the servers, both gun game and the pub. I want to do this during off peak time, so will have to take a half day from work to get it done. I want to update the box with all the windows updates, then do completely fresh installs for both games with the latest mani and gun game mods. It will be sometime this week so keep an eye on this channel for updates.

Widow

fraggle 79

« #9 : February 26, 2007, 05:29:49 PM »

Hurray ! 3 Cheers for the Widowmaker. I miss GG.    :headbang1:
merciless
TE Members
Forum Member

: 94

Ming The Merciless!

« #10 : February 28, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »

Thx Widow  :-D The work you put into the servers doesn't go unnoticed or else nobody would play  :cry: Hope to exchange fire on a happy server soon man.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: