Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:13:09 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Team Fortress 2 League and Tournament Team
« previous next »
: [1]
: Team Fortress 2 League and Tournament Team  ( 3147 )
Action Jackson
Noob

: 3

« : June 01, 2011, 02:59:37 PM »

Hello everybody,

I am a friend of Lyriq. We were thinking of putting together a league and tournament team for competition. We don't care how good the competition is. We just want to make a team and have fun in leagues and tournaments. I was wondering if anyone has any interest in joining our team. We already have a possible 3-5 members already. We are thinking about making a 6v6 OR a 9v9 Highlander team. Total we would like about 10-15 members so we can substitute absent players. If any of you know of any good upcoming leagues and tournaments please reply as well. My steam ID is Action Jackson or you could talk to Lyriq. 

Thanks, Action Jackson.
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #1 : June 02, 2011, 04:23:33 AM »

We've tried running competitive teams before with minimal success. It's hard to get that many people together at one time. Even with lots of back ups. Also it's not fun to get schooled EVERY game! There's no joy in that. Competitive play is NOT for pubbers. You more or less have to throw away pub play for weeks on end to get sharp. My advice: Keep pubbing and forget about competitive play.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #2 : June 02, 2011, 11:41:37 AM »

We've tried running competitive teams before with minimal success. It's hard to get that many people together at one time. Even with lots of back ups. Also it's not fun to get schooled EVERY game! There's no joy in that. Competitive play is NOT for pubbers. You more or less have to throw away pub play for weeks on end to get sharp. My advice: Keep pubbing and forget about competitive play.

lol. How depressing but true!

Hare Doctor
TE Members
Forum Member

: 52

The Medi Bun

« #3 : June 02, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

We entered the etf2l highlander tournament back in October. I think our only win was by default haha.

If there is a league out there that does more casual competitive I would be interested, but playing the standard comp maps like granary and badlands the specific comp way is tough.

Action Jackson
Noob

« #4 : June 02, 2011, 03:07:59 PM »

Yea I guess...I suppose you gotta start somewhere to get good but maybe some more casual tournaments would be good. I guess I don't really know where to look for such things lol...
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #5 : June 02, 2011, 04:43:50 PM »

TF2 Lobby is a good place to start.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #6 : June 02, 2011, 06:28:35 PM »

I've always loved competitive play in any game I play. I'd love to join, but I will only EVER do so if I felt the leadership was rock solid. I've seen too many piss poor team leaders fuck up an entire team just cause they're too worried about winning and not enough on getting a solid team of DEDICATED teammates! I'd do it myself but I've neither the time or skills.

Action Jackson
Noob

« #7 : June 02, 2011, 08:53:08 PM »

Of course. We want dedicated members who can commit to the team for when we play. You don't have to be crazy intense about it lol. We are looking for some dedication but also to have fun and be relaxed. I am new to this competitive stuff so Im not so knowledgeable. However, I want to improve. Giant Flying Head: Have you played for any competitive teams in tournaments?
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #8 : June 03, 2011, 04:05:33 AM »

Yes, yes I have.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #9 : June 13, 2011, 01:03:43 PM »

I'm just going to point out that IRL, sports teams scrimmage against themselves before they play games against anyone else.
It could be kind of fun to have a standing game where you play with the same 5 teammates against the same 6 opponents on a weekly/semi-weekly basis.

Losers bring the beer the next week.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #10 : June 13, 2011, 08:11:33 PM »

I'd like to help out, mainly with scrimmaging or something.  I don't know what my schedule would be like to dedicate myself to playing matches though.  I played CAL-IM in CSS with calamity a few years ago so I can make the shots, I'm just not as familiar with the game and maps as a lot of the other members are.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #11 : June 13, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »

I agree with Baltika.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
: [1]  
« previous next »
: