Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:04:03 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Left 4 Dead 2 (72.5.152.143)
| | |-+  Cold Stream
« previous next »
: [1]
: Cold Stream  ( 1292 )
Psych
Noob

: 22

« : February 23, 2011, 11:19:10 PM »

I didn't see it posted here in the forums, so I thought it would be a good idea to throw it up here for those that don't know.

Anyway, ValVe's decided to get the guy that made Two Evil Eyes to make a new community map called Cold Stream, set to be released some time after Portal 2. It'll also include the other three maps from the original L4D, so they say.

Since The Passing and The Sacrifice were both story-heavy and not very Gameplay-heavy (come to think of it, there wasn't a lot that those two maps added in terms of variation. You could argue that The Passing was better than the sacrifice, since it added more elements to the game than The Sacrifice did, which only added two new maps and let those playing L4D2 play as the original cast) Cold Stream will be focusing primarily on gameplay, rather than story.

Here's the blog post: http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5019
Here's the forums where ideas for the new map are being posted: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1088

Personally, I think it'll be a nice addition to L4D and L4D2, since It'll end up reviving both games immensely. Seriously, the Scavenge maps are pretty much don't exist as far as the majority of people in L4D are aware.
Holy Shit
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 390

Growing old is Manditory, Growing up is optional

AOL Instant Messenger - uweholyshot
« #1 : February 25, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »

Cant Wait! lol Ohh wait im going to have to wait for portal 2 then prob like another 2 months after that for this update. ooh well, it will be worth it :)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: