Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:18:13 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Team Fortress 2 (Moderators: Ender, Video_Master)
| | | |-+  Banned (For?)
« previous next »
: [1]
: Banned (For?)  ( 2617 )
Krovvy
Noob

: 5

« : October 05, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »

Well, I was playing with a friend on your Team Fortress 2 server and after being forced switched to the already stacked team (7-1), I retried and was again forced to the same team. Anyway, I decided to chill out for a minute and fix my mouse sensitivity and network settings and chat with my friend (NOT AFK, moving and somewhat playing). About three minutes into this I was banned, for I'm guessing taking time from playing a serious game of Team Fortress. Anyway I checked your website and it was for only 10 minutes, not a problem, but the reason for the ban was listed as "Being a Donkey". Now again I guess what I was doing could be interpreted as "Being a Donkey", but honestly I don't see it as anything kickable, let alone being banned and having to visit your website to see why.

Since I play in your server often and have had generally positive relations with your clan so I added the member to my friends to see if I could chat with him to find out precisely why I was banned. I was ignored by Spevf so I came back to the bans pages and out of curiosity checked his previous bans which listed reasons such as "Being a Donkey" and "Being a Douchebag". I also checked other admins bans which were clearly labeled and seemed like actual offenses. So if possible I would like to know why I was banned, and if this is an expectable ban offense. Thanks!

TheJuggler17
TE Members
Forum Member

: 73

AOL Instant Messenger - thejuggler0017
« #1 : October 05, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »

Player was AFK for a significant amount of time. I was asked by Spevf on multiple occasions "is he still not moving?" or "is he still in spawn walking around" for the duration of a whole round.
The player was inactive for a majority of the round, almost all of the time. The player was clearly not playing the game.

I cannot speak for him, but I think Spevf perceived the friends list requests as a means of griefing. This is a way that some players can force the attention of an admin or any player for that matter and prevent them from playing or spectating a player.

Perhaps its best to disconnect to mess with settings, or just create your own server to test things out then put them to use in a live game.
Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #2 : October 05, 2010, 10:03:16 PM »

Yes I did ban you for only 10 mins. There were several people who showed me that you were doing nothing but dancing around in and near the spawn area, going AFK several times and you just keep logging in and out of the server. If you wanted to fix your mouse and fix your network setting then you should have done so will setting in spectate. Our servers fill up at peak hours of the night and I don't need someone being a "Donkey" while I could have another player in here who would actually play. As far as the team switch goes I do not control that. So you got team switched, big deal. Just play on the other team or use our vote system to start a vote scramble. Its funny how you mention that you play on our server but yet this is your very first post on our website. I play on our server alot and I don't recall you. In the end it all boils down to people were getting upset at you doing nothing and its admins final say.

Krovvy
Noob

« #3 : October 05, 2010, 10:35:42 PM »

Let's be clear, I retried ONE time, I was clearly not AFK, and was only doing this for maybe 3 minutes at most. Also I went to spectator earlier today and was kicked within a few minutes. On the other hand I recall a Spevf in spectator, not playing, which is fine but accusing me of being AFK and holding up a game in your server is ridiculous under the circumstance. Though why not simply type a message in game or something instead of issuing a ban? And also why is "Being a Donkey" or "Being a Douchebag" considered an acceptable reason to ban someone, why not instead put in an actual reason such as "AFK" (since I guess you ban for someone being AFK and not kick) so it's clear?
Krovvy
Noob

« #4 : October 05, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »

Its funny how you mention that you play on our server but yet this is your very first post on our website. I play on our server alot and I don't recall you.
I'm glad you've mentioned this as I see you've got your Steam Friend to come and post his first post on this website. Now I'm going to guess he wasn't just browsing the site and that you happen to know him well correct? It doesn't really matter as posting on this website doesn't have much to do with the server, but I thought it was a bit off to see his one post in this thread.
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #5 : October 05, 2010, 10:48:08 PM »

Its funny how you mention that you play on our server but yet this is your very first post on our website. I play on our server alot and I don't recall you.
I'm glad you've mentioned this as I see you've got your Steam Friend to come and post his first post on this website. Now I'm going to guess he wasn't just browsing the site and that you happen to know him well correct? It doesn't really matter as posting on this website doesn't have much to do with the server, but I thought it was a bit off to see his one post in this thread.

The juggler is a regular in our server and in ventrilo. He's not Spevf's "steam friend" by any means. He's had an account here since the end of July, and lurks. He doesn't post, but he is active in the community. I'm also sure Spevf didn't ask him to post, because really only the admin who banned the person is supposed to comment on the ban itself.

Having said that, I'm going to break the rule:
It was a 10 minute ban. It's over, the ban reasons are just easy ways to lump a bunch of different things into a category instead of either putting 100 ban reasons in the list or having to type in a reason in the chat. It's faster and easier.
« : October 05, 2010, 10:50:08 PM crazydog »

Krovvy
Noob

« #6 : October 05, 2010, 10:50:04 PM »

I'll take your word on it then, but I still don't see how a forum is really linked to the server.
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #7 : October 05, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »

The forum is 'linked to the server', because we require anyone who wants to be a member of the clan to have a certain number of posts in the server. It's part of being part of the community.

Krovvy
Noob

« #8 : October 05, 2010, 10:52:09 PM »

The forum is 'linked to the server', because we require anyone who wants to be a member of the clan to have a certain number of posts in the server. It's part of being part of the community.
I understand that, to an extent, but in Jugglers case, who is his steam friend, it obviously isn't needed to be apart of the community.  Anyway, it's fine I just didn't really know why I was banned, and didn't understand why it wasn't more specific.
Thalan
"THE TICK"
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 257

WIDOW pwns me in GUN GAME!!!

« #9 : October 07, 2010, 08:23:50 PM »

ok frankly it doesnt matter who his steam friend hes on my list does that mean i told him to post... he decided to put his 2 cents in so what who got banned 10 min its over u thru a fit for no reason get over it. if it was a perma ban then i could see throwing a fit but for a 10m ban because u were going afk off and on
Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #10 : October 08, 2010, 08:13:22 AM »

I have already posted why his was kicked. It seems everyone else understands why but him. 10 minutes has long been over. You are welcome to come back and play. Just dont do the same thing again and you will be fine.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: