Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:22:33 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Hard Drive: "Error occured"
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hard Drive: "Error occured"  ( 1371 )
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« : September 21, 2010, 06:54:24 AM »

Last night my computer decides to show me a BSOD (has been years since I saw one -- I was so happy before  :crybaby: )

anyway, I restart and the Intel RAID controller says that one of my two discs (setup as RAID 0) has a status of "error occured".  Computer won't boot.  I plug in vista cd, chkdsk c: (still shows as 1TB which is combined size of both drives) and shows no errors.  I reboot but doesn't load windows.  In BIOS, I changed to "Plug and Play O/S"; now computer boots fine but Intel RAID controller still says that the disc has "error occured".

So I just bought a backup drive to hopefully save all my info.  I presume something is still fucked up to keep giving me the error message.  Any suggestions?

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #1 : September 21, 2010, 04:18:43 PM »

What kind of drives do you have?  I have done 4 RAID 0 builds and haven't had a problem yet (thankfully) so I don't have a ton of experience in those errors.  This article may help though:

http://www.flyingnerd.com/intel-raid-problem-under-windows-vista

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #2 : September 29, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »

Turns out to be a failing drive.  Western Digitial Blue Caviar.  On the bright side, it failed 2 months before 3yr warranty runs out so getting new replacement drive.  I do love their customer service - super easy to get advance replacement drive sent via 2 day shipping at no charge!

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #3 : October 28, 2010, 08:34:21 AM »

Def was the drive.  btw, Western Digital customer support rocks!  I filled out simple form online after one set of emails and they had replacement drive in my hands within 2 days and before I had to mail back faulty drive.

This experience certainly made me a loyal customer despite the drive failure.

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #4 : October 28, 2010, 02:00:32 PM »

SWEET!  Always been a WD fan myself.  Good to hear their customer service is solid.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: