Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:21:06 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Team Fortress 2 (Moderators: Ender, Video_Master)
| | | |-+  Wrongfully Banned
« previous next »
: [1]
: Wrongfully Banned  ( 1673 )
EnigmaBlade
Noob

: 3

« : September 02, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »

I believe I was wrongfully banned from the TF2 server by smurfette.  On badwater while I was on defense, i got a teleporter up behind the second blue spawn.  I proceeded to build a sentry (forgetting I couldn't spawn camp) at their spawn.  In this instance, I was warned to stop, so I did.  After I respawned, I took my teleporter and proceeded to build a new hidden sentry on the roof (behind the middle barrier) so I could level it up and carry it past the spawn and set it up elsewhere where it wouldn't spawn camp.  However, as I jumped down off the roof carrying my sentry, the round ended, so I just dropped my sentry so I could kill the defenseless blus with my wrench.  It is at this time that smurfette walks out of the spawn to run away from the post-round slaughter that she (I assume) sees my sentry and rages, even though the round was over.
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #1 : September 02, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

Ban info here:
http://bans.theelders.net/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:17936520&advType=steamid&Submit
The reason was "spawn camping after being warned not to". Smurfette will reply when she gets a chance.

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #2 : September 03, 2010, 04:57:16 AM »

I know I'm not an admin, but I was there... so here's my $.02

1.  First it was just a temp ban which is probably over already or soon.
2.  You had been warned
3.  I died in time to see exactly what you did when you hopped down from the roof, and what you said is what happened.

That being said... I've held that roof myself as an engie after the third point has been taken.  If the sentry isn't able to see the spawn door and you can safely stand outside of the spawn door, it shouldn't be considered spawn camping.  Especially if the defense was there before the spawn moved.  The definition of spawn camping is somewhat obscure, as it varies between people and moreso during map progression.  You can legitimately shoot into spawn when a round starts if you're red, but as the map progresses that may be considered camping.

But, I go back to point #2.  You had been warned.  Whether you agree or not, an admin holds the trump and their decisions stand and have to be respected.  It is their server.  At least you got a warning and a reason.  :)

EnigmaBlade
Noob

« #3 : September 03, 2010, 04:32:18 PM »

I know I was warned, which is why I wasn't going to put a sentry there again.  I had only put the second sentry down after the round had ended.
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #4 : September 03, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

First let me say that I appreciate you not coming on here and raging and throwing out all kinds of rude language for your ban.  We get a lot of ppl who do that and it does not settle well.  That being said, your ban was temporary.  I believe it was for a week.  You are correct that you were warned, and yes, you did move after you were warned, which is appreciated.  However, the fact of the location of your sentry at round end indicated that you had intent to camp again.  Even after you were warned.  I obviously did  not observe you dropping your sentry as you say you did at round end.  For all I know you had intent on putting it up there behind that little spawn wall all along.  But, as a few of the other admin pointed out at the time of the incident, it showed intent to continue to camp.  Your ban was only for a week, so after the time is up, you are welcome to come back just as long as you watch the camping.  I do commend you for your telly setup, as it was our own fault to not be paying attention and search for it and take it down.  However, the sentry was to much. 

EnigmaBlade
Noob

« #5 : September 04, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »

Yea, it was an unfortunate position to end up with.  Also sorry if I made you rage.  I put sentries in that location quite a lot and I've never fully thought of it as spawn camping.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: