Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:11:08 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse?? (Moderator: Ender)
| | |-+  Banned for Being a Douchebag
« previous next »
: [1]
: Banned for Being a Douchebag  ( 1758 )
ThePyriteWrench
Noob

: 4

« : July 07, 2010, 09:05:04 PM »

I just got banned by Spevf for "being a douchebag." I got kicked twice and was then banned. My douchebaggery behavior I am guessing was being a fist-only heavy at times. I am guessing it was being a fist only heavy because I was never warned beforehand that my behavior was unwanted (I actually thought I was kicked for my earbuds, for this tends to happen); instead, I was just kicked and banned without any sort of communication from the admin. This is only a 10 minute ban so I'll live, but I just want to say that an admin shouldn't just kick and ban without saying what the user is doing wrong. I thought elder's server was suppose to be a fun server that wasn't super serious, but I guess not :-/
Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #1 : July 07, 2010, 09:12:59 PM »

I did not warn you no but another player said something as well as another admin. I juust happen to do the work. Yes you were banned for using fist and not the earbuds. 10 mins so relax.

ThePyriteWrench
Noob

« #2 : July 07, 2010, 09:18:27 PM »

I am not angry, just saying a warning would have been nice. 10 mins is nothing. I must have not seen it because I was not watching the chat. How come fist heavies are banned though, I was actually putting up a decent amount of kills and being more useful then a lot of the snipers or 4th spies on our team  :-P
Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #3 : July 07, 2010, 09:26:13 PM »

Admins have final say. Again its only 10 mins. Stop being a baby.

ThePyriteWrench
Noob

« #4 : July 07, 2010, 09:41:50 PM »

Actually spevf, you appear to be confused here. I have been very respectful in my two earlier posts and have not opposed the ban, and instead I asked why I wasn't given a warning. When you said another admin and player mentioned it, I essentially said "ok my bad, must have missed it in chat." I proceeded to ask why a rule like no heavy fists is in place in an otherwise fun server, and your response was to say I came across as "being a baby." I never once questioned the admin's final say. I am trying to ask a question about my ban and the rules of the server without going into insults, but you seem unable to do that.
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #5 : July 07, 2010, 09:47:17 PM »

Ok, here's the deal - you were not contributing to the team by simply running around taunting with your fists and eating your sandwich outside of spawn as the complaint was put to us admin.  The point is, it was a 10 minute ban.  You are welcome to come back if you are able to contribute to the team.  In the meantime, let it rest, get over it and move on.  It is, after all, just a game...and it was, after all, just 10 minutes.  Which has taken us longer to argue the issue here, (in the wrong section at that!) than for you to just say, ok, my 10 min is up so I'm gonna go back in and talk to the admin while in game!!

ThePyriteWrench
Noob

« #6 : July 07, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »

Ok, here's the deal - you were not contributing to the team by simply running around taunting with your fists and eating your sandwich outside of spawn as the complaint was put to us admin.  The point is, it was a 10 minute ban.  You are welcome to come back if you are able to contribute to the team.  In the meantime, let it rest, get over it and move on.  It is, after all, just a game...and it was, after all, just 10 minutes.  Which has taken us longer to argue the issue here, (in the wrong section at that!) than for you to just say, ok, my 10 min is up so I'm gonna go back in and talk to the admin while in game!!

Thanks for answering my question about the Heavy fists. And I did try reconnecting to the server but it was full, I decided to message spevf and he never responded. Politely asking about rules shouldn't result in insults from an admin, that isn't how good servers are run. Again, I don't really care about the length of the ban at all, its super short. I thought I had been banned without any sort of warning.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: