Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:50:28 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  any suggestions on video cards?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: any suggestions on video cards?  ( 3108 )
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #15 : September 01, 2010, 11:02:40 PM »

I've currently got a evga nvidia 8600 GT w/ 1G DDR2
my system board can handle 2 nvidia PCIe cards in SLI

I'm looking for a decent bump w/o spending much more than $200

Single great card?
Two decent cards in SLI?

if it's not too late, I'd recommend going SLI with the 8600GT since that has to be very cheap now (perhaps even getting a used card) -- that will buy you a few months at which point the $250+ cards will have fallen significantly in price.  Def check tomshardware video card charts to see what kind of performance bump a 2nd 8600 will get you (basically look at 2x 8600 = what single card).

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #16 : September 03, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »

Ordered my card on 8/31 with UPS 3 day shipping, shipped on 9/1 UPS says it won't be delivered til 9/7.
FUCKING BULLSHIT.
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #17 : September 03, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »

Don't forget that Monday is a holiday. My textbooks are arriving really late due to the same reason.

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #18 : September 03, 2010, 11:04:20 PM »

sorry i gotta laugh at the UPS comment, people swear up and down about how good they are and FedEx sucks (i work for FedEx) i ordered roughly $800 of snowboarding gear, i payed extra money for next day shipping (to me at Fedex Next day is 10am-12pm or 12pm-430pm is (depends on area) I got it at 7:00 at night, but when i ordered a POV cam from amazon 2 day shipping it got to my house at 3pm

my first bad story with them was when i ordered my pc (ordered all the parts to build it at once) of course from New Egg they wanted signatures (all hardware one box, case on its own) and since i lived in a apt at the time im glad they didn't leave it, i call the 800# can you please hold both boxes at the station i drive by it everyday, i show up 1 box is there, i tell them PLEASE hold the other one for tomorrow, i show up at the station the next day and it went out on the road AGAIN, this time im in my FedEx uniform with another customer behind me a UPS manager had the balls to tell me hey at least we deliver our stuff on time, i shot back with a hey at least we get it right the first time not the third time when a customer asks us to hold a package at the station (the customer behind me got a kick out of the 2 of us bitching at each other of course), i asked if my GF at the time could meet the driver on the road (most Fedex drivers usually will) and he claimed that was fine, well that never happened this time after hours still in my FedEx uniform i walked right into the warehouse and ripped the guy a new one, but finally got my box lol

wow my upload sucks

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: