Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:02:21 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  New to the Community?
| | |-+  Hello!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Hello!  ( 1886 )
Saint_M
Noob

: 4

« : February 08, 2010, 09:41:28 AM »

Just posting to introduce myself. I found my way here from Smurf's post on Commforums.  I'm looking for a low TF2 clan as I now at least know what I'm doing in the game and pubbing (with the incessant pyro/spy shenanigans) is just 'meh'.  I'd much rather be scrimming and playing with 5 other mates, getting better as a team, etc..

Previously competed in ET:QW with Team Crossbreed, CoD4 with CB and First Generation and I'm looking for a new game to have some competitive fun with now.  TF2 is a game that actually makes me laugh out loud and I think that playing comp would be a blast (even with the inevitable steamrolls while gelling with the team).  I'm a low solly and med; I might be a low demo but it's tough to learn that position in pubs.

To be honest, I don't think I've even been on your pub but that will change now that I know where to find it. 

Real life info: 36, married for 12 yrs, four young boys, self-employed Landscape Architect.  Kansas City metro is home.

Hope you all are still considering at least TWL.  I'll plan to hop on vent and say 'hi' as well.

Feel free to add me via Steam:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/saint_m
Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #1 : February 08, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »

Hey Saint welcome to the community!

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #2 : February 09, 2010, 02:00:09 AM »

Welcome mate!  :headbang1:

GeoDragon30
TE Senior Member
Forum All-Star

: 347

MSN Messenger - GeoDragon31 AOL Instant Messenger - GeoDragon31 Yahoo Instant Messenger - Twixxster23
« #3 : February 09, 2010, 07:08:40 AM »

Welcome and enjoy :-D

Saint_M
Noob

« #4 : February 09, 2010, 09:28:19 AM »

Thanks for the welcome!  Had some fun on the pub last night.  I tend to spend a lot of time in the respawn queue.   :lol:
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #5 : February 09, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »

Hi and welcome to our community; had some good games yesterday!

We had a CEVO team last year but realized very quickly that we need a LOT of practice as a team since Pub play is so different; if enough people are motivated this year, we would certainly give it a shot. 

Saint_M
Noob

« #6 : February 10, 2010, 10:50:19 AM »

... if enough people are motivated this year, we would certainly give it a shot. 

Do you think this is a possibility?  Pubbing can be fun but per my OP I'm really looking to get my feet wet in TF2 competition.

As to your experience with CEVO I can certainly understand.  I took a .500 Call of Duty 4 team in CAL-O to CEVO-A and couldn't get a single win - it basically killed the team.

I'd run med or solly if we tried something 'light' like TWL   :-D
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #7 : February 11, 2010, 11:30:55 PM »

I'm totally down for some competetive play. But for me its not an option until I finish my paramedic ride time. So, not until the end of August.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #8 : February 12, 2010, 05:23:30 PM »

welcome to the server, and the forums...saw you online last night, and in Vent.  If I can get some time away from the new Wii with the wife, I might see you more often.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #9 : February 15, 2010, 07:01:46 PM »

I would love to play competitive again but until the dedication problem is solved I won't bother.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: