Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:07:44 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  quad core processor to a dual core processor...
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: quad core processor to a dual core processor...  ( 1777 )
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #15 : January 03, 2010, 04:21:46 PM »

If you already have the processor why change?

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #16 : January 04, 2010, 09:04:57 AM »

You get most bang for buck on dual video cards if you have a huge monitor (>>20 inch); otherwise I often find the single cards to have better performance; of course, if you get an awesome deal on a second video card that's another thing.  You should check out tomshardware.com where they do a very nice comparison of FPS for any video card you can imagine vs. all sorts of dual and triple card setups

That said, I totallly agree with Hitman.  Only get a video card if your frame rate is well under 60 on average for the games you are playing.  If you are playing CS:S, TF2, etc. (not sure about L4D2) then you really don't need a second card -- will not enjoy any meaningful benefit with second card.

Btw, I would say the same thing about quad-core processors.  For these games I can't imagine the processor being a bottle-neck although I do think a dual core will kick the quads ass in gaming if you spend relatively similar $ on each.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: