Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:46:24 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
| | | |-+  Oh how it hurts to be right.
« previous next »
: [1]
: Oh how it hurts to be right.  ( 2100 )
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« : November 11, 2009, 11:21:41 PM »

http://www.gamearena.com.au/pc/games/title/modern-warfare-2/reviews.php?id=5033868

So, apparently the MP is totally fucked on the pc.

I played through the SP today. Honestly, I think it was ok. There's a lot of cool stuff that you'll see and do, but it plays the exact same that every COD has since COD2. To me the play style is starting to feel pretty antique by this point. No cover system, no blind fire, no lean. All of this would have greatly improved the experience. Oh yeah, and it only takes 6 hours to finish.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : November 12, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »

Not trying to say "I told you so", but....

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #2 : November 12, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »

I didn't buy it man, I'm not stupid.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #3 : November 12, 2009, 06:00:08 PM »

I didn't buy it man, I'm not stupid.

LOL good man.

Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #4 : November 13, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »

http://www.dailytech.com/Xbox+Live+Ban+Reaches+1+Million+Microsoft+Tells+Them+to+Buy+a+New+Console/article16812.htm

I guess so many people did not want to buy into this game anymore. I can't believe that they were so pissed off that they complained to MS. I say they deserve it.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #5 : November 13, 2009, 12:55:09 PM »

I got it as a gift, so I can't complain. Here's me not complaining;

personally, I loved the campaign. I never would use lean, and a cover system is for people that can't find their own cover. The story wasn't so great, but I enjoyed the gameplay.

I am enjoying multiplayer more than I enjoyed it in modern warfare. You may say, "but you can't have 32v32 games!", but those games in MW always felt crowded and frustrating to me. A 9v9 game on MW2 feels like a bigger game because of the designs of the maps and how respawning works.

I also enjoy being able to hop on and find a game in 30 seconds instead of seeing my favorite are empty, and having to look for another server with no stupid mods on it.

The party system is fantastic...ish. When it works, it really helps you play with friends. If there's room, you will ALWAYS be on the same team, if the gamemode permits. You see your part members names in blue in game, and you spawn near them.
Sometimes the game breaks up the party, but it's not too hard to get back together, and in sure that it will be patched and fixed.

Oh yeah. Did I mention martyrdom is a death streak now? Once you unlock it, you have to die 3 or 4 times without a kill for it to activate, if it's chosen for your current class.
« : November 13, 2009, 03:48:25 PM crazydog »

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #6 : November 13, 2009, 02:49:32 PM »

What about lag?

Also, on a related note, IW said that they had the hacker situation under control, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYkCtFl7WSo

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #7 : November 13, 2009, 03:52:04 PM »

Thought I mentioned the lag. Guess not.

Over 28 games, And 2 hrs 24 minutes of playtime, I only played two laggy games. We sucked it up and played through one, and the second one "couldn't find a new host".

Besides that, it's not so bad. By default, you have 4 ping bars, each one stands for 100ms ping. So, if you have 4 bars, 0ms. 1 bar, 100 ms. etc.

I turned mine up to 10 bars @ 20ms each. It seems the average ping is about 5 bars, or 100ms. It doesn't seem to be too much of an issue in game, but I wouldn't really know until I can get a LAN game going.

Juggernuke
Forum Member

: 84

« #8 : November 22, 2009, 11:18:23 AM »

So I actually broke down and bought it I found some spare money and decided to use it. I really liked some of the missions in single player and it was a little short but still good I thought.

The multiplayer is hardly ever laggy I have roughly 30 hours of gameplay and it would be only about 2% of the time the game will be laggy even though people always say how do you like the lag when they havn't played it yet.

It would of been better though if it did have dedicated servers but as crazydog said the party system does work pretty well and the small amount of players allowed is kinda nice since a lot of the maps are much smaller than they were in MW and I really love how much you can customize your classes compaired to what you could do in MW. The callsign and emblem system is really cool so you can show off some of the hard achievements you can completed. Anyways that was my opinion on the matter and T@ylormade and I are having some good times killings some camping bastards.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: