Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:56:29 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  General Server Information
| | |-+  TE Public Meeting Notes for September
« previous next »
: [1]
: TE Public Meeting Notes for September  ( 3416 )
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« : September 03, 2009, 12:21:56 PM »

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get these to you all.  If you were there, you know that I was very sick, and still am.  If I missed anything or misunderstood anything, please send me a pm so I can correct it!  I was half drugged and half dead!  For those of you who were not there, here are the notes.  If you have anything you want to put your opinion in on, this is the place to do so.  We understand that not everyone can make it to these meetings and we welcome any and all suggestions and input on server issues.  Thank you for your patients and understanding.

Smurfette

TE Public Meeting Notes for Sept. 1, 2009

Attendance:
GiantFlyingHead             Hitman Smurf
SConforti                      T@ylorMade
Video Master                 Clarkee
Baltiki                           Deathhaven
Hawkeye                      HazmatIncident   
Hypo                           JuggerNuke
LTK                             Luggage
O-Prey                         Rally Pig
Spevf                          Verm
DiscoStan                    WidowMaker
Crazydog                     Slacker
Fraggle79                    Princess
Dr. Tombo                   Smurfette

CS NIGHT:
Scon mentioned that we try to get CS going with a possible CS Night like we did with TF2.  This seemed to be a good idea with everyone.  O-Prey expressed frustration with the admin abilities in the CS server.  Widow said that he hopes to get it set back to steam status.  Widow also suggested that O-Prey discuss with Smurfette how she got the TF2 server so populated.  She expressed to him that you just have to do a lot of friend requests at first when you see regulars and that eventually your list will grow. 

TF2 Server and how things work:
Verm was wondering how the map rotation worked as well as things like all talk, banns, etc.  We explained to him that the maps are on a voting system.  The list picks a random 6 and does not put the last 2 done on the list.  You can nominate a particular map by typing “nominate” and selecting the map you desire from the list. 

Resetting Stats:
We originally discussed in forums to try to reset the TF2 stats every month.  However, some ppl mentioned using a plug in that modifies how you get points.  This plug in will determine how many points you get for a kill based on if the person you kill is ranked higher or lower than you, what class they are playing, etc.  There were a lot of questions about this plug in, so we decided that someone needs to post some info on it in the forums in the public section and give us a chance to discuss this farther.  Then we can put it up for a vote as to whether we want to try this plug in or not.

Fun Night for TF2:
Everyone seems to be in agreement for this.  We just need to narrow down what night we will do this and how often.  Widow did say that we needed to disable HLXStats and change our name from The Elders TF2 Server to The Elders TF2 Fun Night server – this way ppl seeing our name randomly coming in will not think we are set up like this all the time. 

Video:
Widow mentioned that there are several ppl in both the regulars and TE community who have an issue with Video.  LTK mentioned that there are 2 groups who refuse to play with us on our server anymore cause they feel Video is hacking with his sniping.  Some ppl have complained that he does taunts with his immunity and this makes ppl who do not have immunity mad.  Widow suggested we turn off the immunity all together.  Video said he would be happy to discuss things with ppl if they wanted to call him or talk to him in vent.  Widow encouraged that we take our issues to the source and not go to other ppl and complain.  It is to stressful for that person to try to be the middle man.  Widow also told Video to find some other classes to work on playing and let sniping go for a while.

Recruits:
SConforti suggested before the end of the meeting that if anyone in vent at that time was interested in joining The Elders that they contact Smurfette and she would get them set up and talk them through anything that needed to be done. 

Meeting was adjourned and all TE members moved to another channel for the private meeting.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #1 : September 03, 2009, 02:27:06 PM »

Glad I didn't miss too much for that part.  Once again, sorry that something came up.

On a note with the CS server:  Myself and HeyNow! have had it full at night with a few regulars.  I think Hawkeye helped us populate it once, but the server fills up at night...it's hard to do during the early afternoon.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Hazmat_Incident
Noob

: 24

« #2 : September 03, 2009, 02:36:26 PM »

As a point of interest, I'd like to see meetings start on time (or closer to it) in the future.  I understand that everyone has a life away from the computer, family, friends, work, other commitments.  However, those who made it on time shouldn't end up waiting extended periods of time to get the ball rolling either.

Just my $0.02USD
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #3 : September 03, 2009, 07:33:22 PM »

As a point of interest, I'd like to see meetings start on time (or closer to it) in the future.  I understand that everyone has a life away from the computer, family, friends, work, other commitments.  However, those who made it on time shouldn't end up waiting extended periods of time to get the ball rolling either.

Just my $0.02USD

They will in the future as I explained it was partially my fault since one of my kids split his head open and was bleeding profusely from the skull. So in the future meeting will be starting on time.

Widow

Hazmat_Incident
Noob

: 24

« #4 : September 04, 2009, 04:53:26 PM »

Widow, I can send you a roll of bubble wrap and some tape!
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #5 : September 15, 2009, 05:37:57 PM »

Widow, I can send you a roll of bubble wrap and some tape!

And some gauze and medical tape. Also a brick. Next time, do the job right.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: