Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:17:22 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Other Games
| | |-+  Left 4 Dead (Moderator: crazydog)
| | | |-+  POUNCING in NON mercy games...
« previous next »
: [1]
: POUNCING in NON mercy games...  ( 1974 )
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« : May 07, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »

So I finally racked up about 3 or 4 20+ pounces in Mercy and thought I had almost figured it out...  then on the other maps there is SHIT for pouncing spots until I found out you can kinda sorta pounce from the trees and high cliffs if you can get up there...  but the AIRPORT???  has anyone gotten a serious good pounce there from anywhere besides the baggage claim area?  (we killed them before the got outside to run across between the airport and the parking garage so I didn't check for good spots there...)

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #1 : May 07, 2009, 05:01:36 PM »

dumb question: what increases point damage, e.g. vertical distance, total distance traveled, etc.?  thanks

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #2 : May 07, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

dumb question: what increases point damage, e.g. vertical distance, total distance traveled, etc.?  thanks

It's total distance traveled; height assists that allowing you to technically (due to falling distance) pounce further, i.e. (distance pounced + distance dropped). Max damage is possible on the pounce itself is 25.

...  but the AIRPORT???  has anyone gotten a serious good pounce there from anywhere besides the baggage claim area?  (we killed them before the got outside to run across between the airport and the parking garage so I didn't check for good spots there...)

The area below where they come out of the safe room is really the only good area except at the finale where you can jump from the access ramps. There's also some at the construction sight, near the substation and across from the entrance to the terminal; but they are few and far between on Dead Air, you have to have patience. DA1 has the most.
« : May 07, 2009, 07:19:06 PM Hitman Smurf »

Holy Shit
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 390

Growing old is Manditory, Growing up is optional

AOL Instant Messenger - uweholyshot
« #3 : May 10, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »

Max damage is possible on the pounce itself is 25.

There is a setting i do believe that can be changed to allow a higher maxim damage pounce... This is the standard setting on servers, but i have played on some that have it set higher... It realyl good for the higher skilled hunters... lol

And Smurf is right the dmg is calculated by height and distance, and if you happen to catch someone in the air crossing a point where they can fall a good distance you can also cause fall damage to them while you are on top of them.... FUN FUN!!!! :D
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #4 : May 10, 2009, 10:52:40 AM »

and don't forget to take advantage of the AOE hunter's pounce. Nearby survivors can be knocked of ledges or pushed away. Makes coordinated attacks especially beneficial and the reason why hunters should begin the attack.

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

Your Moms <3 me

« #5 : May 14, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »

I totally think the roof of mercy the hunters should pounce 1/2 and THEN the smoker pulls the third so that nobody accidentally grabs the smoked jackass away from the smoker

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #6 : May 14, 2009, 02:12:51 PM »

I totally think the roof of mercy the hunters should pounce 1/2 and THEN the smoker pulls the third so that nobody accidentally grabs the smoked jackass away from the smoker

Happened to me last night...damn hunters can't aim.

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

Your Moms <3 me

« #7 : May 18, 2009, 07:10:00 AM »

funny thing happened last night... we got mollied on the roof so I jumped off the roof, and was going to jump back up, but waited.  the smoker pulled a guy off right in front of me, and the next three got puked on... so the guy was getting choked out, got fall damage,  and was red before they even realized he was down there... they shot the smoker,and bill lay there waiting for me and I pounced him... he was dead 5 swipes into it.  :)

but then when WE had OUR turn, I was one of the last ones up the ladder, and got smoked from BELOW inside the tower!!!  damn smoker was inside and pulled me back down the ladder...

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #8 : May 18, 2009, 07:32:28 AM »

but then when WE had OUR turn, I was one of the last ones up the ladder, and got smoked from BELOW inside the tower!!!  damn smoker was inside and pulled me back down the ladder...

That might be a tough one to pull off, but an interesting idea, especially if the rest are up and think they're safe only to have to go get their buddy and repeat the whole "ladder attrocity" again LOL

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

Your Moms <3 me

« #9 : May 19, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »

what happened was I fell cuz the guy right in front of me was pounced at the top of the ladder and I got knocked back down... so I was more worried about rescuing the jackass who got pounced since I knew that one of the hunters was already dead...  little did I know.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: