Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:09:01 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Logitech Z-4 speakers?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Logitech Z-4 speakers?  ( 4185 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #15 : April 01, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »

So it showed up today...I was NOT expecting the Sub to be this bug. :P It's practically 1 sq. ft.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #16 : April 01, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

Logitech's tend to be bass heavy so you will have to use EQ to beef up mids and reduce bass.  Hopefully you like the sound :D

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #17 : April 01, 2009, 07:50:33 PM »

Yeah I like it. Realtek's drivers don't provide direct access to an equalizer, just a bunch of presets.

Ok..who wants to help me! I've never properly used a 10-band graphic equalizer before...suggestions? :P
« : April 01, 2009, 08:24:57 PM crazydog »

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #18 : April 01, 2009, 08:33:19 PM »

Yeah I like it. Realtek's drivers don't provide direct access to an equalizer, just a bunch of presets.

Ok..who wants to help me! I've never properly used a 10-band graphic equalizer before...suggestions? :P

What you want to do is get each band on the equalizer to put out an equal level of sound. I used to compete in car audio competitions in the sound quality category so here's my advice. Find an MP3 of a sound test CD. What that will do is announce each tone in Hertz and then play the tone. You can then set each so they have an equal loudness. You usually do this with a machine that measures the level and you can probably find a program that will do it and use your mic to check level or you can do it by ear if you have to. After it's set you can adjust it to your taste (i.e. more bass less treble etc.) though I recommend keeping them the same. It may be different on the computer as opposed to the car audio environment so I suggest setting them the same then adjusting as you see fit. Hope that helps.

Smurf

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #19 : May 24, 2009, 07:01:47 AM »

so, Crazydog -- what's the verdict after having tried the speakers for a while?

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #20 : May 24, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »

Well, I love them.

Even though I can't use a global equalizer thanks to Realtek's vista drivers, they're fine for me.

Much better than my 8 year old speakers + sub, and much better than the digital version of those same speakers (I'm off digital speakers for a long time. They're too expensive to test out another set to see if it was just the ones I had.) They fill up my room really nicely, and you won't notice a difference in the sound unless you are directly under them or at an extreme angle.

Everything comes through great, and if you're not a complete audiophile like me, you'd think they're amazing too. I had to buy a couple extension cables for the speakers (they were almost too short, but I didn't like them being so taut), but that was only a few bucks. The remote thingy is a nice touch, but I barely use it. I'll adjust the volume sometimes (never the bass), and I'lll use it to turn them off at night.

Worth $120 (or whatever I paid)? I'm not sure. I haven't bought new speakers in the past 8 years, so I don't really know the difference. I had a teacher 2 years ago that had some logitechs that LOOKED like the Z-4s (Remember: I got the Z-2300s not the Z-4s), and they would crap out and mid-range volumes. I can turn these all the way up (+ my system volume + whatever I'm listening to) and they still sound really great. They start to sound bad, but not as bad as some other system's I've heard.

I will miss the silence the digital speakers would give even when they were all the way up.
« : May 24, 2009, 07:40:25 AM crazydog »

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #21 : February 10, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »

Just thought I'd revive an old thread to say that Realtek FINALLY added a graphic equalizer to the Vista/Windows 7 audio drivers! Woo! :P

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #22 : February 11, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »

lol, took long enough. I have the Z-2300's on the desktop through an X-Fi card.
and Z-5500 for my theater system.
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #23 : February 11, 2010, 11:29:39 PM »

Using Z-5500 myself for my desktop. Been around for ever, but still an excellent 5.1 system.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: