Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:28:39 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  Changes/Improments/Suggestions
« previous next »
: [1]
: Changes/Improments/Suggestions  ( 2102 )
byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« : January 23, 2009, 12:43:59 AM »

Been a lil while since anyone has posted what works and what hasn't as far as keeping people in our GG servers.

One suggestion/question I had was the knife syphon mod. Being a turbo server, the incentive to pull out the knife is, sadly, reduced quite a bit, and that was my favorite part of a non Turbo server. One way to encourage more knifings would be to add the knife syphon mod; for every knife kill you get, your health is restored by a certain amount. Is that something we could add, assuming people are interested?

Also something else I thought was cool: The warm up round with scouts and knives only, and also lasting an extra ten seconds or so. I am guessing many people would be opposed as the scout is rather unpopular, but I like it and figured I would at least throw it out there.

Don't know if it's ok for me to post something like this as I cannot make changes, but I figured it couldn't hurt to get some more discussion going. The more people we can draw the better! Any other suggestions for tweaks that may help increase server traffic? (sorry if I am not allowed to post this and go ahead and lock it if you have to  :-D)

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #1 : January 23, 2009, 05:16:30 AM »

Suggestions are always good! I like the Syphon idea, that sounds bad ass! The scout idea I'd have to play a bit. Maybe one scout one bullet? That would be funny.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #2 : January 23, 2009, 07:37:02 AM »

Byrnie, you are always welcome to make threads like this.  This is how ideas come up that might help the server.  I too like the idea of the syphon mod.  Maybe Fraggle or Holy can put up a vote about it after finding the plugin.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #3 : January 23, 2009, 10:07:29 AM »

Syphon mod sounds like fun...As for the Scout, Hells yeah! It would be like a mini scoutzknivez map  :blob:

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #4 : January 23, 2009, 10:20:51 AM »

yea, scoutzknives should definitely be on the rotation.  Bloodarena too...not sure if it already is.  I'll try to find a few sounds to add as well. 

I think a theme song or something like James Bond could be played during the final knife fight and a few other sound mods could be added like the dave chappelle " gotchya bitch "

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Holy Shit
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 390

Growing old is Manditory, Growing up is optional

AOL Instant Messenger - uweholyshot
« #5 : January 23, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »

I will talk to fraggle a bit ans see what he would like to do... I would not mind finding a knife syphon mod to put on the server to test it out... I will have to be able to play alot around the time added because new stuff tends to crash the server for some reason... I can change the knife round time but idk how to change the defult weapon to a scout i looked over the code and couldn't find where to change the defult weapon... I will put a poll up and see what everyone thinks lol... The sounds would be really cool to have, but the last time i added sounds to the server they conflicted with the config and crashed the server :(... If anyone knows how to maybe make this not happen i would love to hear them out.
« : January 23, 2009, 02:01:36 PM Holy Shit »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: