Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:29:58 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Team Fortress 2 (Moderators: Ender, Video_Master)
| | | |-+  Unban request
« previous next »
: [1]
: Unban request  ( 1258 )
Energy_Surge
Noob

: 2

« : July 01, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »

Time: 2008-06-29 19:28:45
Map: cp_dustbowl
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:5039569
I don't know which admin it was.

I was letting my cousin play, and I'm not using that as an excuse I take responsibility for everything on my account.  He was defending on dustbowl and at the start of stage three he switched to pyro and started shooting flames at the people at the gates waiting for the round to start.  He managed to hit someone who backed away and I didn't tell him to stop because I've had little battles through the gate as a pyro before, maybe not on your server but I've definitely taken and returned fire through the gate.  I always think it's harmless fun for pyros during the set-up time.

Anyway, he went to a different gate and there was a pyro standing near the gate and he managed to hit him and kill him through the gate fairly quickly, don't know if it was crits or what but the guy only had a second or so and he didn't move before he died.  After the round started he played for a few more seconds, got killed, and right before he respawned, he got kicked.  I knew he got kicked for the gate shooting, but I thought it strange he didn't get any warning.  If I was playing I might have done the same thing cause I've never had anyone yell at me on any server for shooting flames through the gate.  I thought it was just a kick, but yesterday I tried to join your server and found it was also a ban.

So here I am, I'm sorry for Sunday's events and I won't be shooting through gates if I'm ever on your server again.  I'd hate to permanently loose one of my favorite servers, I only have four or five and find myself routinely only playing on those servers.  So I'd really appreciate being unbanned.  If you can't forgive me for it, then I guess it's been fun while it lasted. I enjoyed the time I spent on your server and perhaps I'll see some of you elsewhere.  Again sorry for all of this.
Video_Master
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #1 : July 01, 2008, 05:45:24 PM »

I was the admin that banned the account.  Shooting anything thru the gates is an exploit and hence why there was a banning.  We are very much against exploits on our servers and that is one of the big ones in TF2 that has not been fixed yet.  Because you took the time to come on here and explain the situation and you are promising to not do it on our server anymore, I will lift the ban.  If I do see your account do it again the ban will be permanent and will not be lifted. 

Thank you again for taking the time to come on here and follow the process and hope to see you in the server again.

-VM
« : July 01, 2008, 05:46:57 PM Video_Master »

Energy_Surge
Noob

: 2

« #2 : July 01, 2008, 06:39:49 PM »

Thanks for the unban Video Master. :notworthy:
: [1]  
« previous next »
: