Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:49:06 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  Suggestion Box
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3 4
: Suggestion Box  ( 9611 )
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« : June 30, 2008, 11:24:17 AM »

As the division leader for GG, it is my duty to ask about suggestions for the server. We are open to about anything that may improve performance or add to our members and guests enjoyment - so please feel free to speak your piece and stay on topic.

Also any issues within the server be it a problem with other players or anything else should be directed to me via private message. If for some reason I am unavailable or do not reply promptly within 24 hours please contact Widomaker.

We care about our members as well as guests and without you we would be alone in an empty server - Feel free to join our vent and talk directly with us. Half the fun are the conversations and friendly "trash talk" amongst the regs that you wont get in game chat, and a good number of friendships have been made this way. We look foreward to meeting new people - so dont be shy!

Let's all work together to make Gun Game a fun and competitive enviornment!

Thanks,
« : June 30, 2008, 11:26:28 AM MR|337 »

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« #1 : June 30, 2008, 11:36:44 AM »

One suggestion, and sorry to say it, is changing the map rotation. I personally enjoy, I think it's Crossis's map maze, whichever comes after shotty, but server attendence seems to die once it starts. The system switches it back to shotty when there are few users, the server usually fills if there are at least a couple people in there, and then  when it moves to maze after a win people seem to leave. I could be wrong but that's what I have noticed.

Also, the autoswitch to shotty can be kind of annoying. There are plenty of times I have been playing one on one or two on two and it switches, negating what may have been a fun and productive round. Is there a way to set it up so that it asks before switching? Like if there are two-four users it triggers a vote, and if the vote passes it stays or fails it moves? I know the autoswitch is helpful as it does it's job to populate the server most of the time, but it can be kind of annoying sometimes as well. Criticism welcome of course, was just a thought

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #2 : June 30, 2008, 11:40:17 AM »

just got off a weeks vacation with my boys (1 week out of a year is DRAINING let me tell you, but definitely not enough time to make up for the other 358 days I miss) and I noticed on a sunday evening the GG server was dead...  Fernus got on and stabbed me way too many times (I'm still tweaking my new computers settings.) but it was empty... I got about 3 others to join but then fernus dropped off, and then one more dropped off and it was back to 1 on 1...  cry   ...

Is the server set on shotgun to idle at?  or does it actually rotate maps with nobody on it?  I think that map is awesome, but many people may not jump on if thats where it is...  can we set it to rotate maps no matter if people are on or not?

and I hope my donation finds its way to the GG server...  not that I don't like TF2 or that I don't play on the CSS server when nobodies in GG, but GG is where I play mostly.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #3 : June 30, 2008, 12:40:35 PM »

Thanks guys!

I'll look into changing the default map, but would you rather play with less than four players on anything bigger than shottie? I know larger maps and few players, especially in the knife round can be hard to find the other guy. I would prefer something like gg_funtimes to be the default map but that would be defeating the purpose of a small map and only a couple to play it.

I'll take suggestions for a rotation if anyone has any - at least five maps...

Hypo - Thanks for the donation!

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #4 : June 30, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »

Just a personal preference would be takin a few maps off the rotation like the 3 floor one..not sure of the name but it's not crossis map.  Other than that I like the rotation and the server hasn't been laggy or anything.  I like keeping the rotation to a few maps and then let the admins on change it after a vote.  gg and ty

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #5 : June 30, 2008, 03:48:27 PM »

I agree with the whole map rotation and it needs to be even less maps.

As for the donation.  Hypo, thank you very much for the donation!!!  I want to let you know how donations work and how the servers are setup.  We have 2 physical servers which house all of the games.  GunGame and TF2 are on 1 server and CS:S, COD4, and DOD:S Beta are on the other server.  All donations and server payments from Founders and Owners go into 1 pot and everything is paid out from it.

-VM

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #6 : June 30, 2008, 08:30:01 PM »

Bring back the top 150 nights!

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #7 : June 30, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »

I think Top 150 night might bring more people into the servers, especially players who read the forums. I could post something on the Frontpage News announcing it a couple weeks before it happened and maybe we'll see some more traffic.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #8 : July 01, 2008, 07:42:15 AM »

yea, the top 150 nights were a big hit, but also the map rotation needs to be changed.  The server used to always be full, to the point where admins had a hard time connecting cause there were 21 people.  Now, i rarely see it reach its capacity, and that is because of the map rotation.  When I play on other servers, I hear alot, "O, TE I used to play on their gungame alot" but now they don't cause of the maps, and some because they are perm banned (not for hacking).  What im saying is that the old map rotation we had worked, and it worked really well.  We should stick to the maps that populate the server such as shotty, funtimes, churches, maybe one of the TE maps, and stuff like that.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

Your Moms <3 me

« #9 : July 01, 2008, 08:52:37 AM »

thanks for the explanation VM!  wasn't sure how it was getting spread around, but glad it helps out!

is there a posting that shows the active map rotation for the GG server?  Is there a posting that shows teh available maps on that server that the admins have access to run if peeps want it?

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

Your Moms <3 me

« #10 : July 01, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »

there's a small office map for GG that works really well if you're worried about people hiding...  and angry overpass is decently open enough to keep away hiders and runners.  single levels are the best for GG small populations to start off with...

one suggestion:  http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/55487

and maybe an open speedmap  http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/15034

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #11 : July 01, 2008, 11:29:28 AM »

thanks for the explanation VM!  wasn't sure how it was getting spread around, but glad it helps out!

is there a posting that shows the active map rotation for the GG server?  Is there a posting that shows teh available maps on that server that the admins have access to run if peeps want it?

I just added a link to the server map cycle and available maps for the servers in the content area.

Widow

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #12 : July 01, 2008, 11:47:27 AM »

looks good widow.  nice going.   :mrgreen:

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #13 : July 01, 2008, 11:51:20 AM »

That's awesome Widow, thanks. Is it possible to list the DOD server on the status page?

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

Your Moms <3 me

« #14 : July 01, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »

k I'm not finding it... where is the content area?

: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
: