Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:21:59 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  CSS (Moderator: Ender)
| | | |-+  Admin Abuse: Gangrene
« previous next »
: [1]
: Admin Abuse: Gangrene  ( 2021 )
Bloodkist
Noob

: 3

« : June 24, 2008, 12:56:15 PM »

[The following happened on 06/21/2008]

To whom it may concern:

My player name is Bloodkist, and I could probably be called a regular (or at the very least, familiar) on your regular CSS server. I must first apologize for taking so long to post my complaint, as I never received an approval email saying I could log in.

I want to address a grievance I have against Gangrene, a well known member in your clan. I believe he abused admin on the grounds of false accusations. You see, I was rudely kicked for something I did not do. And when I tried to resolve the situation I was kicked again in response.

The incident happened last Saturday evening during a game, in which a fellow teammate intentionally killed me for taking a dead rival's pistol before he can. I responded by choosing to slay him, in which shortly after, I was kicked.

When I returned and demanded to know what basis I was kicked on, Gangrene respondeded: "he shot u  u killed him liek the mature  12 year old"

This is in fact a complete fabrication, according to the logs I neither shot him (as indicted by the "Bloodkist attacked a teammate" message) or killed him (as stated, he killed me).

I therefore, in redress of my grievance, that Gangrene issue:
A) an admittance of kicking me under false pretenses.
B) an apology for kicking me a second time under false pretenses.

I understand that I may or may not be rebuked in response (flamed, as you will) and I completely understand; Gangrene is a clan member and I'm just another nameless player. However, if this is the case, I feel it reflects badly on the character of your clan. But if Gangrene would rather refuse to apologize, I will assume that Elder admins can, in fact, do whatever they wish, regardless of whether it was justified or not.

Now I believe to be in good standing with most Elder members, and I would like to sight witnesses to the event; such as Jest, Duckling, and Phi and hope that they can confirm the event which I have recalled, and that they will support me because I am just asking for a simple apology.

I do hope that Gangrene and I can get along together in the future, and such misunderstandings never occur and more importantly, never make it this far.

The log, condump001 is attached for review.

Thank you for your time.

-Bloodkist
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : June 24, 2008, 01:37:28 PM »

what time did this take place?

Bloodkist
Noob

« #2 : June 24, 2008, 03:06:32 PM »

I received the condump at 9:59pm. So it probably happened 15-20 minutes prior. So I place the incident somewhere between 9:40-10:00pm on the 21st.
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #3 : June 24, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »

I edited out the jibberish.

I'm not saying anyone was wrong here but you should of not came back with an atitude after he kicked you. It wasnt a ban, and a "genius" cant check the log while in game. So in essence who was wrong here? Were you banned? Nope...That could of happened to anyone - An admin sees multiple tks or team wounding and kicks the offenders. It is a quick way to defuse the situation. Should he have to quit the game and check the server logs before doing so? I feel that the admins actions were warranted, and given the same situation I might of reacted in a like manner.

Nobody is going to flame you, so just chalk it up to "shit happens"...

*note*
who is "TE | duckling" ?? Now you guys know why I am concerned about using our real names while in game or at least something with part of it...

(CT) ????™ ? attacked a teammate
????™ ? killed Bloodkist with usp.
????™ ? suicided.
Player ????™ ? has been slayed for team killing Bloodkist
*DEAD* ????™ ? :  O SHIT
*DEAD* Bloodkist :  idiot
*DEAD* ????™ ? :  i didnt noff was on!!!
*DEAD* ????™ ? :  sry man!
(ADMIN) TE | gangrene *RAIN-X*: kicked player ????™ ?
Bloodkist :  wtf gangrene why did u kick me
TE | gangrene *RAIN-X* :   he shot u  u killed him liek the mature  12 year old
Bloodkist :  i never shot him
Bloodkist :  check the console genius
Bloodkist :  i took a dead t's deagle
Bloodkist :  and he shot me
Bloodkist :  cause he was gonna get it
Blokist :  well i didnt do anything wrong
Bloodkist :  gangrene should apologize for such a mistake
(ADMIN) TE | gangrene *RAIN-X*: kicked player Bloodkist

Bloodkist
Noob

« #4 : June 24, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »

It's not necessary to check the logs, a quick look in the console would've been satisfactory. I support the idea of removing offenders of friendly fire from the game, but in this case my removal was not warranted.

I also understand that "shit happens", but if you were in my position and not the admin's you would be just as upset as I would be. And you'd probably feel better if you got a simple "my bad" from the admin instead of another kick. And the "check the console genius" remark is an understandable reaction, and much more mature than if I were to start cursing like a drunk sailor. You've also neglected to bold the parts where the attitude was returned kindly.

If you were in the admin's position, you said you would've acted in the same manner. But if you were in the my position, would you have thanked the admin for doing so?
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #5 : June 24, 2008, 06:50:56 PM »

(puts nice hat back on)

Like I said I wasnt going to flame, so -

Look at it like this, and I'm not saying you or the admin were wrong...

When you play on our servers you are to be treated as a guest. This also applies to your own actions - After all it is "ours" we own it and pay for it. Because of that we have the right to govern as we see fit. We have guidelines in place which admins are to follow - We dont condone abuse and have in the past taken punitave actions against offending admins. Just because someone wears our tag does not give them free reign and if we allowed shit like that to happen without recourse we would all be playing in a server with no one but ourselves. I wouldnt classify the admins actions as abusive. If you want to see abuse - go play on another server where they dont give a damn. We arent that way, and if it were so quite many of us wouldnt be here in the first place.

Go back and play anytime you wish but remember what was said here. If there are any future problems with gangreen, please contact me directly and given the situation I'll mediate. Another way this could of been avoided is participating in our vent server. It's free and allows direct conversation with admins. It's a good way to make new friends too....

Now like I said, chalk it up to shit happens and forget about it. (drop it)

hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #6 : June 25, 2008, 10:33:46 AM »

Shit happens dude...not everyone is perfect and yeah maybe you were unjustly kicked, but comeon...it's really not that big a deal when you think about it. You were hardly abused (if you can even call it that) and the situation certainly didn't require the novel you posted about it.

Thanks for bringing it up though, please accept my apology on behalf of the CSS server admins, and let's move on.

Like leet said, your welcome to join us in vent...it might help smooth things over quicker next time
« : June 25, 2008, 10:35:55 AM hammertime »

PHI_21
Inactive
Forum Member

: 71

MSN Messenger - phi_slama_jama_21@hotmail.com
« #7 : June 25, 2008, 06:15:03 PM »

I was playing when this 'incident' occured.  I wasn't paying too much attention until after he was kicked the first time.  He then came back with an attitude; I actually politely informed him that acting in such a fashion was not going to help his case.  I do believe both people were warned for some sort of TK'ing early in the game.

My opinion, you were not banned, you were kicked for being disrespectful; get over it and move on with life.

~Dave
gangrene
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 146

The worms will get you!!!!!

MSN Messenger - wlaitala@hotmail.com
« #8 : June 25, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »

I kicked for the tk both u and him I was wrong to kick you the first time i thought u tked him as well but  Demanding a apology is a fucking tool thing to do if u want to cry on your pillow 5 days later im fine with it grow a set of nuts and  get over it
« : June 26, 2008, 04:40:25 AM WidowMaker »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: