Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:11:18 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Gun Game (Moderator: hammertime)
| | | |-+  Banned
« previous next »
: [1]
: Banned  ( 2214 )
ian
Noob

: 5

« : May 20, 2008, 03:50:31 PM »

I was banned on May 19th, around 6:40pm playing a version of the deagle map on the gun game server.

I believe the admin that banned me was potatoe (sp?). The only other member of elders that I remember was Holy Shit and PRINCESS (sp?).

I had been playing for about 40 minutes. I was a respectful player and had a good score. All I said the entire time I was there was 'Hello' when I joined and 'wtf?' when I was slayed for no reason. I was them immediately kicked and permanently banned. I then emailed the elders member that was I was playing with the longest, Holy Shit. He responded why I was likely banned… “The way you were playing, your score, and the fact that your steam id is a fairly new one lead some of the members that were watching the server and playing in the server to believe that you were using an aim-bot or other type of hack”. He further instructed me that if this was in error to post on the forums.

I just moved so I’m new to all the servers I join. I was not hacking, I just happen to be doing good that day and I use the  radar heavily. It is rare to find good competition in gun game and the Elders has that. I hope you take my request under consideration.

Name - Ian
STEAM UserID STEAM_0:1:1429015
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #1 : May 20, 2008, 03:52:42 PM »

i'm sure there is a demo kicking around somewhere...we'll take a look at it and get back to you

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #2 : May 21, 2008, 06:23:26 AM »

What name were you using? I havent been on in a couple days because my wife is out of town and I'm doing the Mr. Mom thing. Let us know what game name you were using and I may be able to shed some light on the issue.

ian
Noob

« #3 : May 21, 2008, 04:30:01 PM »

Thanks for looking into it, the game name I use and was using is ian
ian
Noob

« #4 : May 31, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »

It's been ten days and I'm still banned. Please let me know if there is anything more I can do to help determine if I will be unbanned.

Thanks,
Ian
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

« #5 : May 31, 2008, 08:57:00 PM »

The banning admin hasnt bothered to reply - Hammer or someone please unban him.

Thanks.

hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #6 : May 31, 2008, 10:12:33 PM »

done...let me know if you have any probs

ian
Noob

« #7 : June 07, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »

Banned again....
Saturday, June 7 @ 9:17pm
Playing I believe fy_funtimes
TE memebers playing WidowMaker and Hurtz

I am not sure why I was kicked and banned but I would appreciate it if I was unbanned.

...and yes, I had a good score however that does not mean I am hacking.
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #8 : June 07, 2008, 08:04:58 PM »

Your bullshit come back and play when you can to it legitimately.

Way to many signs of no walls and constant headshots.

Peace

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

« #9 : June 08, 2008, 11:17:56 AM »

This is the second demo I took of you. Spec'd for half a map the other night after players started complaining.

One thing I noticed is you are quite jerky, and almost look like there is some sort of thing which snaps to enemies right before shooting. Watching the beginnings of the rounds it is like you are looking at the players on the other side through the walls and following them. I also noticed that when presented with two enemies you went to the one with less health when it was evident you would be killed by one or the other. coincidence? maybe.....

ian
Noob

« #10 : June 08, 2008, 08:03:04 PM »

Mr |337, I appreciate the time you took to spectate me and to me it sounds obvious that I am not hacking. First, you spent a lot of time spectating me looking for any possible sign of hacking. Here are the points and my defense:

1   I face the enemy at the start of the map
  -      I know the maps inside and out so I typically face the enemy spawn and watch the radar/listen for sounds

2   I move my mouse in a somewhat jerky manner
 -       I would like to point out its only slight jerkiness and not synomous with an aimbot. My stats should show I have a normal hit/miss/headshot ratio and the I use an optical mouse on a very old and rough mouse pad that doesn’t always move smoothly.

3   When presented with two enemies I happened to shoot the one with less health.
 -       This is either as you said, coincidence or I heard/watched the person become wounded.

Thanks again for your constructive participation and I hope I can help provide competitive play and promote the GG server. Furthermore, I’m the type of player that doesn’t mind playing with bots to help repopulate the server as I have done in the past with WidowMaker.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: