Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:07:31 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Website Feedback
| | |-+  Main Page Problem - New Recruit News
« previous next »
: [1]
: Main Page Problem - New Recruit News  ( 1880 )
Hurtz
TE Members
Forum Member

: 40

« : May 17, 2008, 08:01:49 AM »

Hey guys,

There seems to be an issue with the home page where the News displays.  If i log in I don't see the news on the frontpage .. Widow and L33t informed me yesterday that the was a post welcoming me to the elders as a new recruit but I couldn't find it.  If I clear my temp files and passwords and view the page as guest I can see it ... but I can't comment.  So I try to login and when I do the news disappears and if I do a copy paste strait to post while logged in it says I don't have permission to access this page.  I also tried going thru the Talkback section but once again if I'm logged in i don't see the recrruit section right under talkback.

So don't think I being ruid by not commentting ... i just can't do it.  Thanks for accepting my application to be a member .. I am very proud and will wear the Tags with honor.

Hurtz

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« #1 : May 17, 2008, 11:23:22 AM »

I had the same problem, not seeing the news when logged in and having to log out to see it. I followed a couple links as a guest and there is a forum for front page news so you can see it when logged in, just doesn't show up on the home page.

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #2 : June 04, 2008, 11:22:18 PM »

while logged in, I cannot pull up the frontpage news forum. I just noticed that I have to be logged out or on the site as a guest to even be able to see that there is a frontpage news forum. Could be I only have limited access but I would think I should know more than a guest would. Am I not doing something?

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #3 : June 05, 2008, 04:54:33 AM »

I fixed the problem guys. The recruit manager did not set your status in the forums to Recruit and I didn't have regular members checked off for the permissions. It should be all set not.

Widow

BTW the recruit part could be my fault :)

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #4 : June 05, 2008, 07:05:51 AM »

no prob either way, thanks for looking into it!

Hurtz
TE Members
Forum Member

: 40

« #5 : June 06, 2008, 09:15:46 AM »

It's working now.

Thanks Widow

Hurtz
« : June 06, 2008, 09:17:17 AM Hurtz »

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #6 : June 07, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »

ummmmm wtf is going on here widow????? why do i have my name listed as just a forum user????

nevermind...i fixed it
« : June 07, 2008, 09:40:29 PM Shmotz »
: [1]  
« previous next »
: