Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:37:35 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  Valve Hammer Editor problems
« previous next »
: [1]
: Valve Hammer Editor problems  ( 1417 )
Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 212

« : March 21, 2008, 06:17:03 PM »

So.... I have little spare time as it is.... but I always liked mapping it's a great stress relief. And when I'm laying on my bed after a hard day and don't actually feel like playing its a soothing creative release that I enjoy partaking in.

Only problem is I haven't been able to edit / release a map since I got my laptop. I'm running a macbook pro but I have boot camp on it so I can run windows. Windows runs fine, steam runs fine, cs:s runs fine. But for some reason I cant get hammer editor to work. I double click it, it says preparing to launch and it never actually does. Tried un-installing and re-installing it and that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : March 21, 2008, 08:17:05 PM »

Hvae you checked the Valve mapping forums?

TX_Bandit
Too young to die!
Forum Freak

: 258

« #2 : March 21, 2008, 08:26:08 PM »

Throw that frickin mac & cheese thing out the window. JK I can't help ya but I would definitely post in the mapping forums. Somebody somehwere has to have run into at least one issue with a MAC

Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 212

« #3 : March 23, 2008, 10:05:15 AM »

yaaah..... i love it dont get me wrong. just a pain in the ass because 1) steam wont run on the MAC OS and 2) basically all my classes use windows programs and 2007 office file formats. it's annoying as hell. thinking about buying a cheap desktop PC for next year. we'll see over the summer. but yah i'll check out their forums. Only problem is there's a million posts and yours gets bumped to the 5-6th page in a day and nobody looks at it =P

: [1]  
« previous next »
: