Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:07:18 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  MDK's Board of useless crap!!!! (Moderator: MDK22)
| | |-+  Little Help
« previous next »
: [1]
: Little Help  ( 2517 )
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« : January 25, 2008, 12:00:05 AM »

MDK or anyone for that matter that has some free time on their hands, my step-dad wants me to build a new PC. He is into flight simulators and fighter jet games and he plays with joystick/throttle. I have one that I built for $1281.89 from tigerdirect.com. It was around 40$ for shipping and all was instock except the board/cpu which shipped within 24 hours. He wants to run vista home premium 64 bit, 4 gigs of ram, minimum of an 8600GT (I say 8800GT). He also needs a new monitor. I found an Acer 20.1" widescreen for 199.99 with awesome reviews, but i'm always open for opinions. I was going to order it for him 2day but i told him lets wait and let me ask my panel of advisers.  :-D Would like to order from one site, don't care where really, and after reading about that ibuypower or whatever I'm not interested. He will need for about 1300 bucks ---->

20" or greater monitor
Mobo/Cpu and Fan
SATA HDD
RAM
Video Card
Case, Fans, and PSU
SATA DVD/CD Writer (he wants lightscribe)
OS (vista64 Home Premium)

Any Help/Suggestions would be great. Thanks

-RaGe
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #1 : January 25, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

Whats up man I tried to give you what you wanted and a little more here is what i got you for around that price its a good computer it will do what you want it too it will also overclock when the time comes. Its an 8800GT its Vista Ultimate 64. I would go with ViewSonic they are a very good brand. Everything there is solid and it will run fast. I have been running a seagate 7200.10 and I havent had a problem so... PC Power and cooling use single 12V rails meaning it doesnt fluctuate as much and is much better for your componenets. You can either chuck sell or donate the 420w that comes with the case. This should make your dad pretty happy. I always include a floppy cause believe it or not it has saved me at least 4 times on every computer. IT is also better to flash off of floppy then anything else and its 7 bucks. The computer is cheap fast and if you want u can downgrade to home premium and save you some money I put ultimate because it supposedly runs games better. You have your 4 gigs of ram and ocz is great for overclocking and most of the time asus auto overclocks them to begin with because they pull more voltage then most ram. OCZ is better then corsair especially for overclocking.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=7203632&WishListTitle=MDK+%2D+Stayfen+Dad

snyper133
Inactive
Forum All-Star

: 343

Make sure you get your whole head in front of.....

AOL Instant Messenger - Backswimmer13
« #2 : January 25, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »

First there is no such thing as Vista Home Premium 64bit, you have to get Vista Ultimate for 64 bit support.*Edit: I stand corrected. So subtract $70.*
https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=7203752&WishListTitle=Rage%27s+Dad

I just put that together real quick off the top my head no monitor or case because i don't pick those out for people
« : January 25, 2008, 02:09:18 PM snyper133 »

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #3 : January 25, 2008, 01:49:37 PM »

snyper must know something no one else does

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116204

looks like 64 bit premium to me

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #4 : January 25, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »

Here ya go.  All for $1275.90 right now.  Good products being used and I have personal experience with the monitor I put in there and it has been great.  I was thinking of the future with this system and included a bigger power supply and a little bit better chipset this way he can support a second 8800GT when that time comes and not have to upgrade anything else or worry about running out of power.  The only thing I did not add was the OS.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=6930791&WishListTitle=System+Under+%241300

Well it looks like they took the monitor out now cause it is all sold out.  Go figure.
« : January 26, 2008, 12:02:15 AM Video_Master »

lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« #5 : January 25, 2008, 03:12:22 PM »

well all i can say is that if you dont have it done by the time you get to the lan party we can go to microcenter and get everything and i will build it for him. microcenter bases there prices from newegg.com so we can get everything there and have it working when you go home.

MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
Forum Pro

« #6 : January 25, 2008, 11:00:18 PM »

Video u forgot the 20 in monitor first off secondly u forgot the os. Also i will trust asus a ton more then evga when it comes to motherboards. Not to mention my board has a better chipset. My comp supports a second card also not to mention the fact that my power supply is better and uses a solid 12 volt rail for less voltage fluctuations and its a sustained 610W which means it can peak higher but it can maintain power at 610W constant. Mine also includes a good sound card But I dont know what Im talking about I guess. Hey if u dont go with my system no biggy but whatever I was asked I responded I corrected Video in his assumptions. Also if u subtract my monitor its a ton cheaper then videos.

Stayfen.
Forum Member

: 37

um k pumpkin?

« #7 : January 25, 2008, 11:51:45 PM »

Don't mean to get off topic or anything.. but MDK you do notice that Rage posted.. it's not my dad lol.

MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
Forum Pro

« #8 : January 25, 2008, 11:56:56 PM »

yeah i noticed once i was finished doesnt matter too much

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #9 : January 26, 2008, 02:18:10 AM »

I put ultimate because it supposedly runs games better.

I am running Vista Home Premium 64 on my computer, if that is true its 170 bucks to upgrade to ultimate and I'm gonna upgrade my own pc. Is it verified anywhere? or Tested?
V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #10 : January 26, 2008, 09:30:28 AM »

For you guys with vista...Do you prefer it or XP Pro?  I know it's a memory hog runs games slower but is it better functionally?  I can't justify paying that much for something that runs slower unless I am overly convinced it is " the way to go"

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« #11 : January 26, 2008, 10:21:41 AM »

iprefer xp pro

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #12 : January 26, 2008, 12:01:31 PM »

For you guys with vista...Do you prefer it or XP Pro?  I know it's a memory hog runs games slower but is it better functionally?  I can't justify paying that much for something that runs slower unless I am overly convinced it is " the way to go"

When I got mynew hard drive I tried going back to XP Pro and it sucked ass.  I prefer Vista much more now.  Things are smoother in it and if you have 4GB of RAM and a decent processor and video card there should be no problems running it.  RAM is so cheap now days that getting 4GB should not be an issue either.  The only people I have really seen complain about Vista do not have the proper hardware to run it.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #13 : January 26, 2008, 01:20:47 PM »

:iamwithstupid:

Most of the ones bitching about Vista have older systems. Buy all new and should be painless.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #14 : January 26, 2008, 01:21:40 PM »

I've got an AthlonX2 4600+ , 4gb ram, and a 7600gt which i will soon be upgrading...but it's so expensive i don't think it's worth the money =/

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

: [1]  
« previous next »
: