Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:26:44 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Gun Game (Moderator: hammertime)
| | | |-+  Admin abuse - TE Video Master
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Admin abuse - TE Video Master  ( 3178 )
Swifterzor
Noob

: 11

« : December 16, 2007, 10:44:13 PM »

Kicked and banned for "being a dick." - after being slayed at the beginning of a new map and round.

I was helping people fix their rates (typing it out to them) and got bitched at for camping. Basically, Video Master was trying to find an excuse for sucking.

I would love to be unbanned. The Elders - Gun Game is my favorite GG server to play on, especially with most of the admins.

Admins present during time of banning -

Rage
Hit man
Shmotz

to name a few.
Swifterzor
Noob

« #1 : December 16, 2007, 10:47:42 PM »

I need to show more respect? Maybe VM needs to show he can maturely use the powers of an admin, rather than using them for self gratification.
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #2 : December 16, 2007, 11:06:20 PM »

I am not the person that invoked the ban, that would be merciles.  Him and the other admins on there heard you going off and ragging on me and calling me a fag.  I will let him and the other admins go ahead and post up here.

Ohh and to let you know, he only put a 4 hour ban on you.

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #3 : December 16, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »

At the end of the deagle5, everyone heard u saying something about video master. Thats what invoked it. Number one rule in my book is respect and when u disrespect a fellow TE, we usually retaliate. I do not know if a ban was needed for it, but every admin makes their own choices. I do know it was a temp ban for 4 hours so by morn you will be good to go as long as you play it cool. When the slaying happened and him telling you not to camp, it was unkown at the time you were helping someone. Thats great that people step up to help, but its hard for us as admins to keep things running smoothly and play at the same time. We can't be expected to know what everyone is doing all the time. From our perspective you were just sitting there camping.

Also, i would suggest you edit this because that is just blatant disrespect as well.

I was helping people fix their rates (typing it out to them) and got bitched at for camping. Basically, Video Master was trying to find an excuse for sucking.
« : December 16, 2007, 11:17:31 PM RaGe »
Swifterzor
Noob

« #4 : December 16, 2007, 11:27:37 PM »

At the end of the deagle5, everyone heard u saying something about video master. Thats what invoked it. Number one rule in my book is respect and when u disrespect a fellow TE, we usually retaliate. I do not know if a ban was needed for it, but every admin makes their own choices. I do know it was a temp ban for 4 hours so by morn you will be good to go as long as you play it cool. When the slaying happened and him telling you not to camp, it was unkown at the time you were helping someone. Thats great that people step up to help, but its hard for us as admins to keep things running smoothly and play at the same time. We can't be expected to know what everyone is doing all the time. From our perspective you were just sitting there camping.

Also, i would suggest you edit this because that is just blatant disrespect as well.

With all due respect, this is my account of the event.
LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #5 : December 17, 2007, 01:47:53 AM »

this kid seems and sounds like a douchebag, i say leave em banned if its not temp

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #6 : December 17, 2007, 07:36:20 AM »

not to drag things on and cause possible drama, but people were complaining about other lagging and such and I did a ma_rates and everyones' rates were 10000, 20000 or 30000 which are all acceptible rates.  There was nothing needing to be changed with rates.  There were just some people with bad connections.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #7 : December 17, 2007, 11:41:35 AM »

VM may be a fag that cant play cs worth a shit, but he is still my friend and TE member. I would expect him to be treated with respect. It looks like you came on here with a bit of temper. If I was the banning admin, more time would be added.

Please provide me with your steam id so I may add a week to the temp ban.
« : December 17, 2007, 11:54:29 AM MR|337 »

LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #8 : December 17, 2007, 12:13:01 PM »

hahahahaha...thats what im talkin about

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

« #9 : December 17, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »

The more I thought about it, I decided to make it perma.

If you wish to return to our servers (and I mean all of them) Apologias publicly to VM in this thread. It better be sincere with no hints of sarcasm.  You dont have to convince him youre sorry, it's me whom you have to be concerned with. I simply wont tolerate disrespect to our admins and even if it was VM's fault, you didnt bother to follow our procedure and just came in here with a chip on your shoulder.
« : December 17, 2007, 03:36:07 PM MR|337 »

Swifterzor
Noob

« #10 : December 17, 2007, 11:35:44 PM »

not to drag things on and cause possible drama, but people were complaining about other lagging and such and I did a ma_rates and everyones' rates were 10000, 20000 or 30000 which are all acceptible rates.  There was nothing needing to be changed with rates.  There were just some people with bad connections.

This is why the admins (not specifically you) were repeatedly kicking people, telling them to fix their rates...

STEAM_0:0:9142627

I apologize VM. I had been playing on the Elders with you for a long time, and last night was the only time it seemed we didn't get along. You called me out for camping in game, so I got frustrated...then other players in the game went along with it, adding to my frustration. The "fag" remark came after being slayed ~10 seconds into a new map and round, understandably because I was upset.

Sorry.
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #11 : December 17, 2007, 11:37:01 PM »

Despite the situation that led to your ban, your blatant disrespect for an admin is the real problem. VM is my friend and clan mate and I would  not have tolerated your behavior either. Your disrespect in your post shows that you are obviously guilty of what they have said. Apologize or find another server to play on.

edit: lets hope MR|337 is convinced your sincere.
« : December 17, 2007, 11:39:06 PM Hitman Smurf »

merciless
TE Members
Forum Member

: 94

Ming The Merciless!

« #12 : December 18, 2007, 12:13:13 AM »

Swifters mentality on our servers is crap, always being a cocky smart ass and thinking he's the best in the world, so...when he started shootin his mouth off at a TE member I simply tried to humble him for four hours. It's about having fun and respecting the ones you share that fun with.  :thebirdman:

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

« #13 : December 18, 2007, 02:25:44 AM »

After reading his apology, the ban will be removed. If he wasn't sorry, he would of simply moved on to another server and not bothered. Guys, next time something like that happens take a moment before you type or push that voice com button. We all make mistakes - and need to take the time to listen and be considerate of one another.

Can I get an amen?
 :sunny:

Swifterzor
Noob

« #14 : December 18, 2007, 02:28:07 AM »

Swifters mentality on our servers is crap, always being a cocky smart ass and thinking he's the best in the world, so...when he started shootin his mouth off at a TE member I simply tried to humble him for four hours. It's about having fun and respecting the ones you share that fun with.  :thebirdman:

I'm not cocky...  :?
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: