Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:20:25 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Banned? Admin abuse??
| | |-+  Gun Game (Moderator: hammertime)
| | | |-+  Admin Abuse // Banned
« previous next »
: [1]
: Admin Abuse // Banned  ( 1675 )
Gorr
Noob

: 2

« : July 13, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »

Let me start by saying that I've immensely enjoyed the past 2 days of playing on your TE Gungame server, the box must be in my backyard or something cause I get a ping of 17-20 constant.
However, today I was banned, the statement from the admin just prior, "he is a cheater." 
The admin had obviously been getting progressively frustrated as the night went on, and started kicking people for "being in the spawn" on even the tinyest of maps where sometimes you just cant get out of it before being zerged.  Thats fine...whatever, admins pay for the server so I give them leewayin that respect.  But banning for "cheating" is pretty bogus, especially as a mere means of satisfying the admin's squashed ego.
The admin need not be named, all I would like is the ban lifted so I can continue to play on your wonderful server.
Thanks,
Gorr
BLITZ
Forum Enthusiast

: 174

Never Fear, Blitzy is Here!

AOL Instant Messenger - raptormn35m Yahoo Instant Messenger - raptormn35m
« #1 : July 13, 2007, 07:35:17 PM »

Um...actually if you read the post in this section for posting procedures for banning it is required that we have the admins name. It would be very helpful. Also we need your steam id.  If the admin that banned you doesnt step forward with his explination then the ban will be lifted. Next time read the rules first before posting.
LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #2 : July 13, 2007, 07:51:22 PM »

in this guys defense this is the first time in a very long time that a poster has come in and laid down his case in such a polite manner. I hope someone around heres able to help you out with the ban after you post somemore of the needed info.

Gorr
Noob

: 2

« #3 : July 13, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »

Ahh, my bad.
Steam ID:  0:1:5122785
Admin T@ylorMade, I believe
Map: Ice...something, the map with 4 pillars in the middle with fortifications behind spawn areas and smoke grenades on left/right walls.
Happened about an hour ago.
LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #4 : July 13, 2007, 08:31:42 PM »

If the admin who made the ban doesnt step up and explain himself then you should be unbanned. Also a good portion of admins do not have Perm banning ability, more then likely its only a temporary ban. So i have the feeling you'll be unbanned regardless, longest it would probably be is 4 hours?

hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #5 : July 14, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »

Looks like a temp ban because I don't see your ID on the list. You should be good to go.

TE_Taylormade
TE Senior Member
Forum Enthusiast

: 168

« #6 : August 10, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »

Hey guys,

I did not ban this Gorr guy.  I have never even heard the name before.  Anyways, just wanted to let you know.  Take care.

Tmade.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: