Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:48:16 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  General Server Information
| | |-+  New Source Rules!!!
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: New Source Rules!!!  ( 6600 )
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« : February 07, 2005, 08:46:54 AM »

OK here are a few rules to go by when playing in the Source Pub

As much as I hate the AWP I am not going to restrict it from the pub. HOWEVER we are trying to get the Source server as populated as our CS server, and to do that we need our admins and regulars to play by a few rules till this happens. I am not metioning any name cause I am sure you guys know who you are, but Stacking a side with AWP's and camping so you can be 79-8 with the AWP is not going to cut it any more. Personal stats come second to Populating the server.

1. As mentioned above Please do not stack the teams up. It makes people leave the server and not come back.

2. If your team is up 20-0, change up the teams a little bit. Also DO NOT sit and AWP when you are up 20-0.

3. If the AWPing continues we will re-enact our AWP rule, and it states. Any team up by more than 5 rounds cannot AWP, If you do AWP you will be slayed!!!

When the server has been established and it is full on a regular basis all rules will be lifted and you can play to your hearts content.
Please do not force us to start policing the server. It will get ugly and you guys will not have a good time.

/Widow
« : February 07, 2005, 08:51:18 AM HongKongPhooey »

Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #1 : February 07, 2005, 11:04:17 AM »

sounds good... *points to lunchbox* lol jk

Steve
Privateer

« #2 : February 07, 2005, 03:19:55 PM »

okay here is my problem with all this, i have asked before for whatever tools your owners use to transport players from one team to another.  I have yet to receive that.  It is really tough to get people to "unstack" and what are you gonna do? slay or ban them? that would ruin the point of having regulars come into the server.

again, i've asked night and i think hong twice for it and i havent gotten it yet, but i know it would make it easy to have fair matches.
Lunchbox

« #3 : February 07, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

look at my stats death... i use the m4 all the time and i only buy an awp if there are atleast 5- 6 people on each team..but i see this is not pointing fingers at anyone so i understand about the awp thing.
Spikeroo

« #4 : February 07, 2005, 06:51:07 PM »

Cough...cough...gun...cough...man...cough...cough....man nasty cold...cough...cough...awp...cough cough cough....cough...whore...cough...

:dontknow:

:mrgreen:
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

« #5 : February 07, 2005, 09:21:10 PM »

lol... I was just joking lunch... its the only times you've killed me you had an awp...  lol

Steve
flintlock

« #6 : February 07, 2005, 10:12:10 PM »

I'm sorry, if anyone has 79 kills on D2, or Azy or any other non-deathmatch game the map's been playing too long.
HongKongPhooey

« #7 : February 08, 2005, 07:43:47 AM »

I don't think that is necessarily the case Flint.  One thing I've noticed (even though my stats don't reflect it) is that the competition in source is not at the same level as it is for 1.6.  Seems like there are a lot of players that play source that have never played 1.6.  I've noticed a lot of players that are clueless out of the spawn and it seems like they are unfamiliar with the map.  So in a map with the standard 30 minute time limit is can see how a good player can get that many kills.
Lunchbox

« #8 : February 08, 2005, 01:51:48 PM »

This is obviously directed at 2 individuals so why not just talk to them in person. if u check this link u will know what i mean http://www.theelders-cs.net/sourcestats/weapon.php?id=5
flintlock

« #9 : February 08, 2005, 08:59:26 PM »

Damn, I only have 18 AWP kills? I have twice as many Deagle kills. What's that all about?

Oh, sorry this isn't about me. The AWP thing blows no doubt but it is part of the game. The issue isn't using the AWP as much as it is trying to keep the game a little more competative. If your team has a huge lead, leave the AWP at home or switch teams. I've notice I play better in Source and it's probably because, like Hong said the competition isn't as tough. I still think it's pretty hard to get 79 kills on any map in 30 minutes, but I guess it can happen. If the score is that lop sidded, change the map. Right now Source is about being competitive and fair and attracting more players. It's ESPECIALLY important to be fair while wearing the TE tag. Everyone will get their kills, I mean c-mon, I've got 30 deagle kills. What other proof do yo need?
NightTrain

« #10 : February 08, 2005, 09:44:04 PM »

Damn, I only have 18 AWP kills? I have twice as many Deagle kills. What's that all about?

Oh, sorry this isn't about me. The AWP thing blows no doubt but it is part of the game. The issue isn't using the AWP as much as it is trying to keep the game a little more competative. If your team has a huge lead, leave the AWP at home or switch teams. I've notice I play better in Source and it's probably because, like Hong said the competition isn't as tough. I still think it's pretty hard to get 79 kills on any map in 30 minutes, but I guess it can happen. If the score is that lop sidded, change the map. Right now Source is about being competitive and fair and attracting more players. It's ESPECIALLY important to be fair while wearing the TE tag. Everyone will get their kills, I mean c-mon, I've got 30 deagle kills. What other proof do yo need?

Good post.
Lunchbox

« #11 : February 08, 2005, 09:54:07 PM »

not quite 79

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
T3H

« #12 : February 09, 2005, 02:14:18 PM »

shit source looks pimp wow i gotta get a computer a.s.a.p. lol im anxious to play it now haha
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #13 : February 10, 2005, 01:52:08 AM »

Whats important is to get the pub populated 24/7...thats why I like the 1.6 pub so much, always some one playing and almost always full. If we have to sacrafice our stats to fill it so be it...I mean c'mon how are you gonna boost your stats if no one is playing? Seems like a good policy...remember eventually you'll get the chance to pwn everyone there when the time is right.  :evil:

Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

« #14 : February 10, 2005, 07:15:36 AM »

your right smurf... but were a community... if you want to pwn hardcore then I'd suggest you guys get on then cal team and show what you got... we just won a match for 1.6 but it was waaayy tooo easy. now for CSS I can't wait untill we join cal... I have played a few matches with my CSS cal team recently and I seriously enjoyed it.

Steve
: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: